Looking for dedicated server plans...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for dedicated server plans...

I own a few sites, and instead of paying seperate bills for each one for virtual hosting, I want to buy one dedicated server to host them all. Can you help me with finding a nice selection?

Here's what I'm looking for:

$99 - $125 in price a month.
    Setup fees don't matter.
    Preferably 10GB of space
    200GB Bandwidth or more
    Supports all main things like SSI, PHP, CGI, Perl, MySQL, ect...

I found a very nice one, from rackshack.net, but right now they're sold out of the machine, and it doesn't say when they'll have more.

I know venturesonline.com will start offering again in June, but 200 a month is just too much for me.

For your price range and bandwidth requirement, you only got 2 choice.

Rackshack.net
    traxactglobal.com

I assume that you knew how to manage a dedicated server since both of these are UNMANAGED. In comparison to the both company above, tranxactglobal seems to be better in support. If you are going for rackshack, go for one of those Compaq boxes. Setup 99 and monthly 129. The setup are on specials right now ... usually it cost 349. So act fast. Before Rackshack lowered their setup fees for the current promotion, their price and tranxact are very similar just that tranxact only offers 300GB.

Comment

COMPAQ DL320 plans they have are amazing! I also realize that you have to basically do everything by yourself, which I could learn.

The only question I have is that it comes with Ensim: WEBppliance 3.0. It also seems like the machine is mainly for web hosting. Anyway, my question is, will it be fine as a regular server for my own personal use as well? Or is it too optimized to be a web hosting server?

Comment

Originally posted by HenryG2
        COMPAQ DL320 plans they have are amazing! I also realize that you have to basically do everything by yourself, which I could learn.

The only question I have is that it comes with Ensim: WEBppliance 3.0. It also seems like the machine is mainly for web hosting. Anyway, my question is, will it be fine as a regular server for my own personal use as well? Or is it too optimized to be a web hosting server?
        stay away from ensime.. get plesk if you can
        :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
        :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
        :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Actually those server are more for personal use and not for webhosting business.

I have not tried ENSIM ... but i must say i dont like PLESK. I prefer CPanel.

If you can manage everything yourself and can work from command line, you dont need a control panel. There is a free one which i have used before and it is call webmin.

Comment

Originally posted by aaronx88
            Actually those server are more for personal use and not for webhosting business.

I have not tried ENSIM ... but i must say i dont like PLESK. I prefer CPanel.

If you can manage everything yourself and can work from command line, you dont need a control panel. There is a free one which i have used before and it is call webmin.
            so you'd be willing to fork out another $99 a month for CPannel/WHM?

Comment

Seriously i wont I think good control panel are only for those who is reselling. They need to satisfy their customer.

For us webmaster on a budget, we keep the cost as low as possible. $99 for Cpanel = another month of hosting fees.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X