Hosting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hosting

Not sure where to post this. Was looking for suggestion on VPS hosting site.
    I actually signed up with liquid web but not happy with their support already.
    Thank you.

Anyone? Thank you.

Comment

It is going to depend a lot on your familiarity with the technical aspects of running a website. Liquid Web is generally considered a good provider. I've never dealt with the support though.

For people who just want a community site without dealing with anything like upgrades or making sure the server is secure, then vBulletin Cloud is the proper location to look. This is what I use for my online vBulletin test site.

Otherwise, I personally use GreenGeeks and Digital Ocean.
      • GreenGeeks offers cPanel hosting so everything can be done through a web browser. This offers hand holding to people who are not technically inclined. However, you will need to manually upgrade vBulletin with every version. Before vBulletin Cloud, I hosted my online vBulletin Test Site here. Works well enough but upgrades can get tedious. I maintain this account primarily because people often ask about cPanel support and seeing the interface is helpful in providing that.
      • Digital Ocean is the opposite. Their base hosting is a raw linux virtual machine. You have to manually configure the web server, PHP and MySQL to get what you want done. You are also in charge of upgrades for everything, including the operating system. I use this service for other things but primarily as a raw HTML server without the overhead of PHP and MySQL when it isn't needed.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X