Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

vBulletin Hosting (Sorry, now out-of-business)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just switched to vbulletinhosting.com like 4 days ago.. they are lightning fast.. But, with our luck, the server went down for like 5 hours earlier today.. I am sure they are doing everything to make sure that the problem never happens again, but man how come it had to happen when I was transferring people to the new board? lol

Comment

good!

Comment

Originally posted by Strider
        Thanks, I usually hire a copy editor to go over what we write but I am still looking for a new person to take care of that for me
        PM me if you need a cheap editor/proofer.

Comment

Just one Question...Not sure if it is answered...

I am looking to purchase a vBulletin board, and have been searching for Hosting Companies...

I came accross vBulletinHosting.com, by clicking a link at the vBulletin.com homepage, when searching for vBulletin liscence costs and agreements...

Does the vBulletinHosting.com service come with a Domain, or do you have to purchase that seperately to the hosting???

Satan

Comment

Re: Just one Question...Not sure if it is answered...

Originally posted by hellsatan
            I am looking to purchase a vBulletin board, and have been searching for Hosting Companies...

I came accross vBulletinHosting.com, by clicking a link at the vBulletin.com homepage, when searching for vBulletin liscence costs and agreements...

Does the vBulletinHosting.com service come with a Domain, or do you have to purchase that seperately to the hosting???

Satan
            i believe the domain is separate

just try www.godaddy.com ; they're pretty good

Comment

once good host i have seen for vbulletin and php scripts is www.racknine.com they have nice pricing packages and some good speeds.

Comment

I am a novice when it comes to computers. That’s why I’m here, to learn. I have zero experience in this field. I needed a vB set up fast. I didn’t even know what a domain was. vBulletin Hosting got me set up quickly and the service has been excellent. They took care of everything. I might not know computers but a lifetime in a service industry has taught me to recognize good service when I get it. I’m happy.

Now if I can just learn how all this works I’ll be really happy.

Comment

A vbulletinhosting server in Australia would be fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by ccdesigns
                    once good host i have seen for vbulletin and php scripts is www.racknine.com they have nice pricing packages and some good speeds.

yes it's cheap. wat abt their customers service? from which country?

any installation fee?

thanks

Comment

I am moving over from VO to rack9 over the next few days. I will let you know. For the moment there are no setup fees.

Comment

I try my hardest not to be critical of anyone, but I can't recommend vbulletinhosting.com as a service provider. I switched my site to them about 3 months ago and have had many long down times. It is like clockwork....always every other week on a weekend or holiday. Sending emails to support results in no response for hours. My site has been down for over 4 hours and repeated emails have not resulted in a response. We were down on July 3-4 for over 24 hours before I ever got a response from them. I gather that they don't have anyone working support other than on weekdays. When the site is up and running, it's wonderful. When it goes down during anything but regular business hours, there is no apparent support. I am looking for a new web service provider.

Comment

Brian, I am right there with ya on all the down time! It is ridiculous and at this point I am trying to find somewhere else to go. I have two vBulletin's with VBH and one works and one doesnt. Its really frustrating.

Comment

It seems as though everyone is having hosting problems. I pay for a relatively unused dedicated server and can host many sites.

Since it is unused, anyone who PMs me can have a shot at one of 3 free hosting slots that are unused (dependant on traffic and such however it isn't really a problem) on my server. I'm sure I could arrange a better deal than you can find anywhere else for everyone after the initial three.

Something to think about. I am NOT trying to advertise here so I apologize if anyone thinks that way.

On another note, is vBulletin compatible with the new PHP stuff that disables globals??

Arjun

Comment

Originally posted by Arjun
                              It seems as though everyone is having hosting problems. I pay for a relatively unused dedicated server and can host many sites.

Since it is unused, anyone who PMs me can have a shot at one of 3 free hosting slots that are unused (dependant on traffic and such however it isn't really a problem) on my server. I'm sure I could arrange a better deal than you can find anywhere else for everyone after the initial three.

Something to think about. I am NOT trying to advertise here so I apologize if anyone thinks that way.

On another note, is vBulletin compatible with the new PHP stuff that disables globals??

Arjun
                              Yes, vBulletin version 2.2.6 works with register globals turned on and off !

Comment

Vbulletinhosting.com no longer accepting customers

As of 31/07/2002 it appears that Vbulletinhosting.com is no longer accepting any further customers for their services

Anyone know what is happening here

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X