No announcement yet.

Suggestions for moving up beyond a shared server, to cloud, VPS or dedicated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was seriously considering inmotion, in fact I asked them to allow me to prepay five years out to lock in the rate and they are supposed to get back to me on that, but all of those reviews are from regular people who have horrific problems with inmotion looks very scary. The review itself written by hostingfacts is not unfavorable, what is terrible is the feedback from people underneath the review itself.

Another I am considering is i&i ionos
    https://www.ionos.com/servers/vps

Comment

Originally posted by MDawg View Post
      I was seriously considering inmotion, in fact I asked them to allow me to prepay five years out to lock in the rate and they are supposed to get back to me on that, but all of those reviews are from regular people who have horrific problems with inmotion looks very scary. The review itself written by hostingfacts is not unfavorable, what is terrible is the feedback from people underneath the review itself.

Another I am considering is i&i ionos
      https://www.ionos.com/servers/vps
      Like anyone else I can only speak to my own experience. I can tell you I've heard quite a few vBulletin customers say they were happy with SiteGround.

Comment

I've had recent experience with InMotion Hosting while working for a client which caused me to research their history. They built a large customer base over a period of around 20 years and were generally viewed in a positive light. However it's clear that is no longer the case. I've had endless problems with them, too many to document. Personally I'd look for another option. trustpilot.com will tell you all you need to know.

Comment

The more you look at the different VPS options, the more you realize that it is basically 6 of one, a half dozen of another i.e. that no one is giving anything away. If one's price is a little less it is because it has cut a certain corner, either in technical specs or software or semi/fully managed service level.

I agree that it comes down to two things:

1. Customer service, i.e. how good they are at delivering what they promise,
          2. and the ability to prepay and get a discounted deal.

Once (2) the prepaid deal expires, and the VPS price jumps, (1) customer service seriously has to be top notch to warrant staying onboard.

Comment

Originally posted by MDawg View Post
            VPS is better but if you have a good budget then dedicated server is more better than a VPS. OVH or digitalocean may be a good choice if you can manage hosting server by yourself.

Best Internet Marketing Forum & Webmaster Forum for webmasters and Internet Marketers discussing and trading!

Comment

I don't really need a dedicated server a good VPS will suffice. Also, I'd prefer fully managed with cpanel.

Comment

One thing I did find out is that this deal from Hostinger
                https://www.hostinger.com/vps-hosting

8 vCPU
                8 GB
                160 GB
                8000 GB
                SAVE 77%
                $ 129.95 /mo full price
                $ 29.95 /mo discounted price
                doesn't include the license for the cpanel. It includes the cpanel but not the license for it, which apparently costs an extra 20. per month
                https://cpanel.net/pricing/
                Last edited by MDawg; Thu 4th Jul '19, 9:23pm.

Comment

• In Omnibus
                  In Omnibus commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I wouldn't even waste my time with hosting that doesn't include cPanel. The alternatives are simply not on par.

Well, it just comes back to what I said, that pricing wise they are all pretty much the same...within a few dollars of each other. With cpanel the Hostinger VPS plan is $49.95 per month (slight discount, maybe 10% below this 49.95 figure is available).
                8 vCPU
                8 GB
                160 GB
                8000 GB

What I do like about Hostinger is they have chat available 24 hours a day for tech support and their techs do not say No - if they have any knowledge about the issue they will try to answer your question, they won't come back with something about how this involves scripting or whatever they will try to help you.

You find one VPS, such as for example
                https://www.ionos.com/servers/vps#packages
                and the price seems great especially because it is a fixed price not introductory offer, then you notice it has no cpanel.

Or one VPS has better memory but less cores in the CPU.

Six of one, half dozen of another. No one is giving anything away.
                Last edited by MDawg; Thu 4th Jul '19, 9:34pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X