Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheEDIGuy
    replied
    Like I said at the end of my message, Zeonhost is a great host for the price, for smaller vBulletin installations. And I'd certainly consider them again for smaller installations.

But if you expect your site to grow to moderate size, all I'm saying is: plan ahead.

And in the spirit of sharing experiences that may help other users out there, I've shared mine.

I'm certainly not one of those guys who will drone on endlessly about "what a sucky host someone was" or whatever. I've seen you guys do an excellent job, and in fact I was extremely impressed with the level of support offered throughout our experience. Having said that, I was a bit put off by the large number of unannounced reboots (which, as I understand it, is an extremely rare occurrence), and admittedly, we were larger than we anticipated after our move. It appears that ezBoard seriously under-reports the number of "current users".

ezBoard never reported more than 55 users on our board at one time, and our first day on vBulletin with a redirect from ezBoard, we hit more than 120. So, while we passed on what we thought were valid numbers, we were grossly wrong, and I feel definitely partly to blame for that. We made our choice for host based on invalid numbers.

So, let's call it a draw.

John

Leave a comment:

• ZeonHost
    replied
    Well, as we have mentioned on our forums several times, our limit is 40 concurrent users averaged over the month (ex: 20 min, 60 max at times). Never was it mentioned you'd be doing 150 users at times (minimum 50).

Posted by two individuals in different threads on WebHostingTalk about this issue:

Originally posted by Skie
    if you have 75 concurrent users at a minimum you passed shared hosting long ago.

a rackshack server should be fine, just make sure you get someone who know how to use it.
    Originally posted by slinky
    Actually, I think the issue of large sites has nothing to do with Zeonhost at all. Virtually every reputable provider of shared/virtual hosting that I know has limits on site volume whereby they tax the shared server and should appropriately be moved to a dedicated server.

Although 0.30 may not be considered high with some other hosts, we have higher standards, and a single web site which brings the load from 0.04 to 0.30 (our max per server for all users is less than 1.00) is causing a problem.

Leave a comment:

• TheEDIGuy
    replied
    I should update this thread. We dropped Zeonhost after 5 days of service. Or, rather, we were dropped by them. Suspended. 3 times, 3 days in a row.

We run a vBulletin with around 50 concurrent users minimum, 150 max. We were assured by Zeonhost that everything was cool. So we signed up.

First day = everything nice, getting set up.
    Second day = Server was rebooted 5 times throughout the day, resulting in about 2-3 minutes of downtime each time. Without warning or explanation.
    Third day = Account suspended - Got it reinstated, but they weren't sure what happened.
    Fourth day = Account suspended - Apparently we were causing the server load to go above .30, which is a no-no with them. *.30*??? That's nothing!
    Fifth day = Account suspended again, after load limits were put in place. We decided to move, because they weren't going to let us back up.

Now, we're with VenturesOnline, with one of their new VPS services.

We just went live at 5pm today, so we'll see how it goes. So far, so good.

Zeonhost is a great host for the price, if you have less than 30 concurrent users. If you have or will exceed that, don't bother.

John

Leave a comment:

• GsxrTony
    replied
    Yup I switched to them this week also. My site has never ran so fast.

Leave a comment:

• TheEDIGuy
    replied
    We just switched to them a few days ago, and so far have been extremely impressed. Support, server load, and overall package value has been excellent.

John

Leave a comment:

• GsxrTony
    replied
    I saw an asterick on the details page and it pertains to a dedicated IP, So you not get a dedicated Ip with them?

***edit*** scratch that, I just answered my own question.

Damn I think I just found my new host. Goodbye VBH.com
    Last edited by GsxrTony; Tue 30th Jul '02, 9:02am.

Leave a comment:

• Ian
    replied
    Originally posted by king sting
    one more question.. will zeon help me move my site to their server? i would be kinda worried about it doing it myself
    You should ask these question's on ZeonHost's Support Forums they could answer question like these better than me.

Originally posted by Coolj
    ZH's support is the BEST you will EVER find, I was with them, but my site outgrew their bandwith and at $4/1G bandwith I couldn't afford them.
    I'm guessing that $4/1G is for using extra bandwidth... There regular bandwidth charges and between $1.25-$1.75/G.
    Last edited by Ian; Tue 30th Jul '02, 12:02pm.

Leave a comment:

• king sting
    replied
    one more question.. will zeon help me move my site to their server? i would be kinda worried about it doing it myself

Leave a comment:

• king sting
    replied
    how big did your board get before you had to leave em?

i'm looking for a host right now.. the one i have sucks! i'm with clearvertical .. DONT GO WITH THEM THEY SUCK! I have to deal with all kinds of downtime and the worst tech support ever! ahhh..

this zeon sounds coo.. but how big can your board grow on them?

Leave a comment:

• thinkjose
    replied
    ZH's support is the BEST you will EVER find, I was with them, but my site outgrew their bandwith and at $4/1G bandwith I couldn't afford them.

Leave a comment:

• Ian
    replied
    Re: I have a quation

Originally posted by Andromeda
    Do they have PHPadmin on the data base ?
    Yup

Leave a comment:

• Andromeda
    replied
    I have a quation

Do they have PHPadmin on the data base ?

Leave a comment:

• Kakarot
    replied
    Yeah, we at ZFN are very pleased with ZeonHost's services. I reccomend them to anyone, especially if you have vB because php scripts load lightening fast on their servers. So if your looking for a host, go with ZeonHost.

Leave a comment:

• Ian
    replied
    I'm kind of new to the host myself but I believe it was awarded like a top 10 hosts award... I don't forsee it going down anytime soon.

All your other questions were answered on the ZeonHost forum.

Leave a comment:

• Ian
    replied
    There support is great... Most of the time they're on IM so if I have a quesiton I can get a answer, in realtime. When there not on IM you can just post your quesiton in there Forums.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X