No announcement yet.

Zeonhost... A great host!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, as we have mentioned on our forums several times, our limit is 40 concurrent users averaged over the month (ex: 20 min, 60 max at times). Never was it mentioned you'd be doing 150 users at times (minimum 50).

Posted by two individuals in different threads on WebHostingTalk about this issue:

Originally posted by Skie
    if you have 75 concurrent users at a minimum you passed shared hosting long ago.

a rackshack server should be fine, just make sure you get someone who know how to use it.
    Originally posted by slinky
    Actually, I think the issue of large sites has nothing to do with Zeonhost at all. Virtually every reputable provider of shared/virtual hosting that I know has limits on site volume whereby they tax the shared server and should appropriately be moved to a dedicated server.

Although 0.30 may not be considered high with some other hosts, we have higher standards, and a single web site which brings the load from 0.04 to 0.30 (our max per server for all users is less than 1.00) is causing a problem.

Comment

Like I said at the end of my message, Zeonhost is a great host for the price, for smaller vBulletin installations. And I'd certainly consider them again for smaller installations.

But if you expect your site to grow to moderate size, all I'm saying is: plan ahead.

And in the spirit of sharing experiences that may help other users out there, I've shared mine.

I'm certainly not one of those guys who will drone on endlessly about "what a sucky host someone was" or whatever. I've seen you guys do an excellent job, and in fact I was extremely impressed with the level of support offered throughout our experience. Having said that, I was a bit put off by the large number of unannounced reboots (which, as I understand it, is an extremely rare occurrence), and admittedly, we were larger than we anticipated after our move. It appears that ezBoard seriously under-reports the number of "current users".

ezBoard never reported more than 55 users on our board at one time, and our first day on vBulletin with a redirect from ezBoard, we hit more than 120. So, while we passed on what we thought were valid numbers, we were grossly wrong, and I feel definitely partly to blame for that. We made our choice for host based on invalid numbers.

So, let's call it a draw.

John
      Fans of Reality TV

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X