No announcement yet.

Ventures online suspended my account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dude, that's nothing. My host billed me for using 6GB of bandwidth in just 14 days. All I have on my site is a 100 member vB and 15 html pages. Now I've deleted the html pages and am left with the vB but my web space has rocketed up to 150MB - my total allocated space. Something wierd is happening here and they're still billing me. I have plans to move to VO but your problems give me bad feelings.

Comment

Originally posted by dadymac
      this is their latest response:
      We not only checked logs in real time, but we also monitored the system performance which significantly increased upon suspending the account. Additionally the site has used nearly 1/2 GB of bandwidth in 3 days, also proving the high usage on this account.
      Strange. You're on the 16.95 account? That allows 10GB a month right? According to my calculations, 1/2 GB in 3 days amounts to only 5GB a month; half of your allowance. I woudn't call that proof of *high usage*.
      http://britishexpats.com/ - British expatriate community

Comment

They just suspended my account as well. I had the V500 Package.
        They didnt email me or nothing, I cant backup my files or sql.
        Waiting for a Email. Im pissed off.

Comment

Stuff them... Switch hosts.

I personaly like/use myacen (http://www.myacen.com/) great support, great prices everything. Check them out.

Comment

Thank you i will. What Pisses me off is i got no warning??? about nothing. They suspend my account that I PAY FOR!! this is just stupid. They better email me there reasons, cuz im not happy at all. Thanx i think i will take my buisness elsewhere.

Comment

what if your sites bog down the next host's server? it is important to find out what the problem is before trying solutions.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakeman
                what if your sites bog down the next host's server? it is important to find out what the problem is before trying solutions.
                I'm sure nobody would disagree with that, but don't you think that should work both ways. ie. maybe an email from the host explaining the problem allowing tweak to perhaps address the problem ?
                http://britishexpats.com/ - British expatriate community

Comment

Yes its true we are cracking down on abusive accounts more and more. But we do send out notices to every account suspend and work with them to give them a chance to correct the problems. Sometimes we get and account that may not be the core of the problem but we still work with that person one on one about the issue. But if a server is being taken down because of load then we act right away and send a notice out after the server is stable so all the other customers do not suffer because of a few accounts.

I have a hard time believing that you did not get a notice or that if you opened a helpdesk ticket you were not responded to as to why your account is down. If you this is the case you may contact me directly and I will find out why and by whom.

Somebody said something about Bandwidth, Bandwidth means nothing as to why and account is suspended I can take down a server in about 2 sec flat and not use a drop of bandwidth doing so, Its all about server resources and on a shared server you need to keep in mind you do have a limit. On the same note we have some accounts doing 50 gigs a month on a shared server with no resource problems at all.

To give you a good idea of what just 10 accounts can do when we started the V650 account we took 10 accounts off 1 server alone and put them on a server by them selfs, the 10 accounts maxed this server out the loads went out the roof.

So keep in mind that just because you have a small site donít mean you donít have a script of some type running that can take down and entire server I see it happen all the time.
                  Last edited by Paul L.; Wed 20th Mar '02, 1:13pm.
                  Paul L.
                  http://www.bassboattalk.com

Comment

Paul L. We did not receive any email about it at all. Also a email was sent to you asking what was going on. Didn't receive a Reply? The site is back up and running again it seems. so maybe it was a Error idn the server? took me to a suspended APACHE page thou before. Ventures Online has been a Really good host, Always fast and stable. This just threw me off guard. All is well now.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X