This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need less costly host

I'm currently with GC Webhosting. The service is very good, but the cost is high IMHO.

Our Disk Space Usage: 9110MB / 9216MB (99%)Our Bandwidth usage:

56806MB / 61440MB (92%)
    and we have already used it up for the month, so we need substantially more.

We pay over $30 per month.
    We are in the USA (NYC).

Does anyone have a reliable host that is NOT an overseller that we can use?

Thanks,

Nelson
    Nelson
    www.Hobby-Machinist.com

You're using 10gb of storage and almost 60gb of bandwidth, but you think you're overpayin @ 30 dollars a month? You're crazy.
    Last edited by Zachery; Sun 22nd Apr '12, 5:13pm. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
      You're using 10gb of storage and almost 60gb of bandwidth, but you think you're overpayin @ 10 dollars a month? You're crazy.
      Can you read Zachery? I said we pay over $30 per month.

"We pay over $30 per month.
      We are in the USA (NYC)."

Try learning to read before you call people names! And learn some manners- your behavior reflects poorly on VBulletin.
      Having a bad day? Don't take it out on me.

Nelson
      Nelson
      www.Hobby-Machinist.com

Comment

Even at 30 dollars a month (Which i meant to type), I believe you're going to be hard pressed to find a good host who provides a much larger amount of storage for around 30/month.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
          Even at 30 dollars a month (Which i meant to type), I believe you're going to be hard pressed to find a good host who provides a much larger amount of storage for around 30/month.
          Really? I just signed up with Liquidweb for
          DiskSpace: 40GB RAID Protected Storage
          Bandwidth: 320GB Monthly Transfer

for $24.95 a month. That's 4x the space I had, and 5x the bandwidth. And there were about 10 other providers for around that price.

You didn't typo, you failed to read what I wrote, and now are trying to get off the hook instead of apologizing.
          You need to learn how to treat people with courtesy. I won't feed the troll any further by engaging you. I sent your original message to your bosses.

Nelson
          Nelson
          www.Hobby-Machinist.com

Comment

Originally posted by Allthumbz View Post
            Really? I just signed up with Liquidweb for
            for $24.95 a month. That's 4x the space I had, and 5x the bandwidth. And there were about 10 other providers for around that price.
            That is pretty low.
            My host http://www.realwebhost.net/vps.php is more than that.
            For me it all comes down to service.
            You need to learn how to treat people with courtesy. I won't feed the troll any further by engaging you. I sent your original message to your bosses.
            Good luck with that.
            ...steven
            www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
            bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
            "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

I was about to suggest Liquidweb, but you already know 30$ is a good enough budget for premium shared hosting.
              Hosting Coupons: Hostmonster @ $3.95 and 20% off Mediatemple

Comment

Strange Thread

Comment

I'm currently with GC Webhosting. The service is very good, but the cost is high IMHO.

Our Disk Space Usage: 9110MB / 9216MB (99%)Our Bandwidth usage:

56806MB / 61440MB (92%)
                  and we have already used it up for the month, so we need substantially more.

We pay over $30 per month.
                  We are in the USA (NYC).

Does anyone have a reliable host that is NOT an overseller that we can use?

Thanks,

Nelson
                  Probably best if you look into VPS hosting at this stage.

http://www.knownhost.com/vps_packages.html

Their second package would suit you. Not cheaper but not oversold and fully managed hosting. Includes more space and bandwidth.
                  Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                  The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                  vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                  Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by alemcherry View Post
                    I was about to suggest Liquidweb, but you already know 30$ is a good enough budget for premium shared hosting.

Good price if you don't mind NOT being able to use the Downloads 2 Modification or download anything larger than 2M due to their ridiculous 2M PHP maximum upload filesize setting.

If you run a forum like mine, where we pool manuals and other machinery information, the 2M PHP max upload setting is a real hinderance.

Nelson
                    Nelson
                    www.Hobby-Machinist.com

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                      Probably best if you look into VPS hosting at this stage.

http://www.knownhost.com/vps_packages.html

Their second package would suit you. Not cheaper but not oversold and fully managed hosting. Includes more space and bandwidth.
                      Wayne,

I will check these guys out- thanks.

Nelson
                      Nelson
                      www.Hobby-Machinist.com

Comment

Asked Knownhost.com about the 2M PHP max upload filesize limitation. Their tech department never responded. Finally "Debbie" at sales (seems to be their only salesperson) said the IT manager said you can change almost any setting with their $35 per month VPS package.

They seem to be very understaffed on help and support. I am not very technically inclined and will need help to run a VPS. I would be on my own with them it seems.

PS What about HostAtom? They seem to have very positive reviews.

Nelson

Tried HostAtom.net- worst ever. Don't even think of dealng with them.
                        Last edited by Allthumbz; Fri 25th May '12, 11:14am.
                        Nelson
                        www.Hobby-Machinist.com

Comment

Asked Knownhost.com about the 2M PHP max upload filesize limitation. Their tech department never responded. Finally "Debbie" at sales (seems to be their only salesperson) said the IT manager said you can change almost any setting with their $35 per month VPS package.

They seem to be very understaffed on help and support. I am not very technically inclined and will need help to run a VPS. I would be on my own with them it seems.
                          As a customer with them, I simply send off a ticket saying "I need this done" and within an hour it is done. If you're not a customer, contacting support isn't the proper thing thing to do. Sales is the appropriate channel for non-customers asking questions.
                          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                          Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                            As a customer with them, I simply send off a ticket saying "I need this done" and within an hour it is done. If you're not a customer, contacting support isn't the proper thing thing to do. Sales is the appropriate channel for non-customers asking questions.
                            That is precisely what I did. I contacted [email protected]. They opened a ticket. Debbie told me she would get an answer for me from the tech department. 8 hours went by- no answer. I wrote her again, noting I had received no response. She responded that the "IT manager said you can do that with a VPS".

I wasn't very impressed.

Ended up going to HostAtom.net.

Nelson
                            Nelson
                            www.Hobby-Machinist.com

Comment

Can you read Zachery? I said we pay over $30 per month.

"We pay over $30 per month.
                              We are in the USA (NYC)."

Try learning to read before you call people names! And learn some manners- your behavior reflects poorly on VBulletin.
                              Having a bad day? Don't take it out on me.
                              Oh relax, don't be so thin-skinned. He didn't call you any names. "You're crazy" isn't offensive in the context he was replying. If he said "You're an ignorant fool if you think you'll find better than that!", then I could understand.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X