Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hostingyou
    replied
    Yes you want to be on the West Coast, like California, Texas are just as good locations for a much better price.

Pm me your email address, I'll give you a link from a few locations and we can see which is better, Europe, United States, Russia.

Leave a comment:

• EighteenDots
    replied
    My customer base is in India. I've tried US based hosting & the latency along with my vBulletin forum leads to slow site.

I tried 1&1 VPS and did a load test with 25 concurrent users. The performance of my current GoDaddy shared server was 40 times better than the 1&1 VPS. GoDaddy was averaging around load times of 3 seconds, whereas 1&1 VPS was around 2 minutes !!!

Hostingyou, I understand what you highlighted. The cost of a comparable server in India is at least 7-8 times the cost of a similar US based server. Basically if there is a way to have a US based server that can give me better load times than my current shared hosting, I'll be all ears

Regards

Leave a comment:

• hostingyou
    replied
    If you want to be in asia expect to pay HUGE amounts of cash, bandwidth runs at least $30/mbit up to 100/mbit, so a dedicated 100mbit would run you at minimum $2,000-$20,000 why do you think you need asia, there's better places way cheaper

Leave a comment:

• EighteenDots
    replied
    I'm looking for a VPS in Asia Pacific, not a powerful one as I'm just starting out.

Any suggestions?

Regards,
    Sumith

Leave a comment:

• hostingyou
    replied
    If your having problems with sending mail I would suggest go with a company that specializes in it, or get another higher end account like a vps that won't limit the amount of emails per hour, another problem you could be having is hotmail, gmail, yahoo and all these services will only allow a certain amount of emails per hour, like 100 max an hour per ip address, if you send anymore then that they will get rejected, I would suggest setting it so your emails don't burst all at once, and have only it send in little amounts throughout the day.

A dedicated server also would help you alot because you get more then 1 ip, which could make you send out more emails per hour w/o getting blocked.

Leave a comment:

• EighteenDots
    started a topic vB hosting in Asia Pac | Small Site | Shared -> VPS

vB hosting in Asia Pac | Small Site | Shared -> VPS

Hi,

I'm currently hosted with GoDaddy (Shared Hosting - Singapore). I moved to 1&1 VPS & am having a hard time to get the servers up & running.
    Primary reason to move - I need to use SendGrid SMTP as GoDaddy sendmail causes huge delays and vB mails are not getting delivered in some instances. Also I would like to improve the site performance too.

1. Are there shared hosting providers who allow external SMTP server access?
    2. Please provide suggestions to hosting providers in Asia Pac?
    3. Since I'm just launching my site, does it make sense to go to a VPS now? The market I operate in is very competitive & wanted to make sure my customers would not be driven away by slow site.

Thanks,
    Sumith