X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ENF
    replied
    Originally posted by hostingyou View Post
    Your also paying much more, you could get 5x better servers for same price or even alot cheaper same goes for hostgator vps and dedicated servers, way overpriced, you should check around and see what I mean.

I've got new xeon's with 16gb to 48gb of ram, and the 48gb is only a $200 more then there 8gb server, if you get my drift.

Hostgator is a failure in the sense they lie and cheat there customers by promising unlimited disk, bandwidth when it's not possible and if you read there TOS you will see it's more like LIMITED I can't wait until someone sue's them and they get fined to the point they never do it again because they hurt company's like myself that actually sell legit plans, and scare users away because they think they can get unlimited for $5 a month when they would be getting a better deal if I offered 10gb space/80gb bandwidth because my servers aren't overloaded, and overused.
    Funny. Where I have heard this before? Oh yeah, this guy: ryan1918

Leave a comment:

• hostingyou
    replied
    Originally posted by reefland View Post
    I host with ASO and enjoy their service. I have a dedicated box with them. Their cloud service recently went through a catastrophic failure resulting in lost data for some customers but the rest of their services were untouched.
    Your also paying much more, you could get 5x better servers for same price or even alot cheaper same goes for hostgator vps and dedicated servers, way overpriced, you should check around and see what I mean.

I've got new xeon's with 16gb to 48gb of ram, and the 48gb is only a $200 more then there 8gb server, if you get my drift.

Hostgator is a failure in the sense they lie and cheat there customers by promising unlimited disk, bandwidth when it's not possible and if you read there TOS you will see it's more like LIMITED I can't wait until someone sue's them and they get fined to the point they never do it again because they hurt company's like myself that actually sell legit plans, and scare users away because they think they can get unlimited for $5 a month when they would be getting a better deal if I offered 10gb space/80gb bandwidth because my servers aren't overloaded, and overused.

Leave a comment:

• reefland
    replied
    I host with ASO and enjoy their service. I have a dedicated box with them. Their cloud service recently went through a catastrophic failure resulting in lost data for some customers but the rest of their services were untouched.

Leave a comment:

• alemcherry
    replied
    One of my client (I run a development firm) had an account with MediaTemple, which is a well known cloud host. However, the performance was really poor and he had to move to a VPS. That was couple of years ago and I don't know if things have improved since. Anyway, I don't see cloud hosting as a perfect solution for all shared hosting issues. may be you can try ASO shared hosting, if you do not need much space / bandwidth.

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    ASO went downhill after they got sold. And you might want to be aware they got sold to Hostgator. So you might be going from one frying pan, into another frying pan!

Talk to Tim at Nimbus Hosting: www.nimbushosting.co.uk.

Leave a comment:

• hostingyou
    replied
    I wouldn't move from shared to a cloud, because cloud is the same exact thing your in a shared environment and nothing is different other then less resources, everything is 10x more expensive, and it's no better then a dedicated server when it comes down to money, and what you would be getting and paying so much less for alot more resources.

What's your monthly budget?

Leave a comment:

• mjda
    started a topic Thinking of going with ASmallOrange Cloud

Thinking of going with ASmallOrange Cloud

As the title says, I'm considering moving my site to ASO's cloud housting. HostGator's shared hosting just isn't getting it done. Too many MySQL errors, and the response times are extremely slow, even though my site is pretty small.

Anyways, my question is this; is there anything special that I'd have to do when using a cloud server? I've never used one before, as I've always just used shared hosting because I've never had a site that's given me reason to use anything else. The only reason I've decided to go with them is, after all the hours of reading I've done on here, they seem to be a popular (good) choice.