Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hostingyou
    replied
    I noticed they have had several power outages 2 each year in the past since 2009 not sure exactly why but that's a reason to really think about things.

Leave a comment:

• hostingyou
    replied
    Originally posted by pgowder View Post
    I'm looking at Peer One. Anyone used them?
    http://www.web-hosting-top.com/reviews.add/peer1.com

There is some on there, google pulled up alot of reviews, there is some good reviews and really bad one's.

Leave a comment:

• hostingyou
    replied
    Why does everyone keep suggesting urljet, you are a complete fool if you get hosted there, they charge 10-100x more then actual prices of servers and they don't even tweak/optimize there servers like they say they do, you pay higher price because you think your getting better, except it's labeled something it's not.

Example

$1,495
    2x Xeon Nehalem X5550
    16GB DDR3 ECC Memory
    8x 2.66ghz processors
    4x73GB 15,000 RPM Drives
    That server would cost no more then $800 a month MAX, that means they are almost 50% overpriced.

DELL PowerEdge 860
    Dual Core/4GB RAM
    2x250GB SATA Drives

That server would cost more then $100 a month, yet they are charging $200 more a month.

Recommend them now.

Leave a comment:

• alemcherry
    replied
    Since you have a good budget, URLJet would be a good choice. Talk to them and they should be able to suggest you a good package.

Leave a comment:

• pgowder
    replied
    I'm looking at Peer One. Anyone used them?

Leave a comment:

• hostingyou
    replied
    So did you ever move to a new company, if so which one?

Leave a comment:

• pgowder
    replied
    Any one used Peer One?

Leave a comment:

• myths
    replied
    www.urljet.com is best

Leave a comment:

• steven s
    replied
    What do you consider a medium site?
    Just checked. I'm 1200-1300 visits a day.
    I'd like to be under $250/month.
    I've been very pleased with http://realwebhost.net
    I have 1 dedicated, 1 VPS and 1 shared account with them going back since 5/2005.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    I personally use ASmallOrange's cloud hosting platform. You might want to take a look at what they offer.
    Otherwise check out webhostingtalk.com

Leave a comment:

• pgowder
    replied
    Originally posted by Zachery View Post
    "vps" is a dubious term, it means a lot of things to a lot of different people. For less 5 dollars a month you can get a "vps" that offers all of 600mhz cpu and 256mb of ram. Each company sets up their own VPS terms.

PowWows, what is your budget and what sort of traffic / post per day / users online are you looking at?
    I'd like to be under $250/month.

With all our sites about 3-5k unique visitors per day average. We do have some peak times where we go over that. But that's average.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    "vps" is a dubious term, it means a lot of things to a lot of different people. For less 5 dollars a month you can get a "vps" that offers all of 600mhz cpu and 256mb of ram. Each company sets up their own VPS terms.

PowWows, what is your budget and what sort of traffic / post per day / users online are you looking at?

Leave a comment:

• pgowder
    replied
    What do you consider a medium site?

Leave a comment:

• steven s
    replied
    I'm currently on a dedicated server. But our needs have changed and am thinking of moving back to a standard hosting account.

I've not looked at web hosts in years. Who can handle large vBulletin sites and keep good performance?

Any recommendations?

Thanks!
    Large sites on a shared server?
    I don't know. I have a medium site and struggled on a VPS.

Leave a comment:

• pgowder
    started a topic Looking to move from Dedicated Server

Looking to move from Dedicated Server

I'm currently on a dedicated server. But our needs have changed and am thinking of moving back to a standard hosting account.

I've not looked at web hosts in years. Who can handle large vBulletin sites and keep good performance?

Any recommendations?

Thanks!
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X