Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dedicated Server Suggestion for big forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cowboy_matt
    replied
    if location in Europe is acceptable, i'd like to recommend swisshosters.com. Servers're really reliable, free ddos protection up to 10 gbit\s, friendly support. I host my game servers there for some years and i'm fully satisfied.

Leave a comment:

• TonnyF
    replied
    I think 1paket.com dedicated servers can be good for you.
    Servers are stable and uptime is high. Prices are competitive.

Leave a comment:

• hostingyou
    replied
    He just said he contacted urljet do you not read?

urljet is overpriced and a rip

Leave a comment:

• myths
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncos View Post
    I contacted URL Jet but the person on the phone could not answer any questions and asked me to email their sales team. That seems a bit long winded for a new customer to email a laundry list of questions about a move.

I'm looking to move from Liquid Web and have a decent size vBulletin 3.8.4 (Threads: 1,000,000, Posts: 11,000,000, Members: 75,000, Active Members: 42,000, Online users: 1,000)

Any recommendations? I'd like a server that I can have some other subdomains on also as I don't just have my forums but also have some other applications I give a subdomain to.
    contect with sir GREG (www.urljet.com) he will guide you and will answer your questions

Leave a comment:

• hostingyou
    replied
    Because the server can't support your site, You must go high end, where are you currently being hosted, and what's your price your paying and budget, any specific location?

Do you monitor the server, and do you want managed or un-managed, and who does admin tasks you or someone you pay or the server company? That would increase or decrease your budget depending on what you needed there.

Leave a comment:

• Broncos
    replied
    I contacted URL Jet but the person on the phone could not answer any questions and asked me to email their sales team. That seems a bit long winded for a new customer to email a laundry list of questions about a move.

I'm looking to move from Liquid Web and have a decent size vBulletin 3.8.4 (Threads: 1,000,000, Posts: 11,000,000, Members: 75,000, Active Members: 42,000, Online users: 1,000)

Any recommendations? I'd like a server that I can have some other subdomains on also as I don't just have my forums but also have some other applications I give a subdomain to.

Leave a comment:

• donald1234
    replied
    Originally posted by myths View Post
    Agreed, I have both my forums with them, and I got a discount for the second one.

Leave a comment:

• myths
    replied
    www.urljet.com is best

Leave a comment:

• GregUURL
    replied
    Whats top tell you?

Leave a comment:

• Irishcream
    replied
    1paket.com provides many dedicated servers at competitive rates.
    And their support is active.
    Think you should try them to meet your demands.

Leave a comment:

• rammieone
    replied
    Originally posted by pvo_dave View Post
    Hi,

I would recomend Nimbus (http://www.nimbushosting.co.uk/forumhosting)

They host some very big VB forums (as well as our fairly big XenForo one )

Dave.

Would also say to go with Nimbus hosting they have been superb for us

Leave a comment:

• pvo_dave
    replied
    Hi,

I would recomend Nimbus (http://www.nimbushosting.co.uk/forumhosting)

They host some very big VB forums (as well as our fairly big XenForo one )

Dave.

Leave a comment:

• sivaganesh
    replied
    Memcached can help you serve it. You can PM eva2000 or post in Server optimization section

Leave a comment:

• KevinL
    replied
    You could inquire about a server optimization here https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...-Configuration

Also you could offload your database to a separate server.

Leave a comment:

• Asad993
    started a topic Dedicated Server Suggestion for big forum?

Dedicated Server Suggestion for big forum?

Hello,

Actully I'm running a vbulletin forum (no cms & blog), where i get about 24000/25000 users. and my current server has following capacities :

CPU 2x Intel E5506
    Core(s) 8
    Speed 2.13GHz
    RAM 12GB
    RAID Type RAID 1 Software
    Hard Drive(s) 2x 1,000GB
    Storage 1,000GB

but when there are about 1200/1300 users online at same time, i start getting database error or my forum stop loading. I'm really worried about this thing. becuase many other my friends are running bigger forum on small servers then mine. Can some please suggest me some good vbulletin hosting server ?

(Currently I'm using iweb.com)

Thanks in advance
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X