What do you guys think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you guys think?

Hmmm.....I won't get too much into the details at the moment, but my friend and I have been thinking of setting up an online hosting thing. It basically started off of the idea of offering webspace at teencribs.com, but then we decided to expand to hosting in general. But yeah. How many here would be willing to pay $6 a month for a basic webhosting plan consisting of:

50 megs space | 3 gigs transfer | Subdomains, php, mysql, asp, ftp all of that standard bull crap | OC-48 backbone

We aren't sure yet as to the CPU, but it won't be a CPU from 5 years ago or anythin like that. Something relatively new

So just going off of that...what do u guys think?

Oh yeah, we would also allow adult hosting on any of the plans...incase anybody is looking for that

I'm just looking for advice. My other friend already has a webhosting thing and I know he would be willing to help out with the beginning (how to do things and such) to get
    me more aquainted. So yeah....comments?

I've been thinking....would $40-45, MAYBE 50 be a good deal for 1.5 gigs of space, 30 gigs transfer, ASP, PHP, SSH access, ftp, etc?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by DBZFanCentral
      I've been thinking....would $40-45, MAYBE 50 be a good deal for 1.5 gigs of space, 30 gigs transfer, ASP, PHP, SSH access, ftp, etc?

Thanks
      50 per month I gather correct?

Comment

Originally posted by The Prohacker
        50 per month I gather correct?
        yeah...but probably will be about 45

Comment

omg that's really too much if u asked me. space ain't expensive.. only bandwidth traffic is... and u can get this kinda price at bigger hosting companies... but there you can be sure you have support ppl in place... in case something goes wrong... so if you are going to do this as a 'small company' hosting offer.. you have to make the price a lil more attractive.. at least for the beginning....

just my 2cent

cheers & good luck,
          jörg

Comment

or how about $25-30 for say 300-400 megs and like 30-40 gigs transfer? does that sound better? lol

Comment

hehe kinda yeah

no1 really needs 1.5gigs of space at the beginning.. i'd say something between 300-400mb as a good starting point.. and each 50mb thereafter for $5/month extra....

Comment

hmmm.....alright. so just from u guys (not webhostingtalk..i will ask there later, lol)...how would u guys recommend I get the word out?

Comment

Originally posted by gafami
                  omg that's really too much if u asked me. space ain't expensive.. only bandwidth traffic is... and u can get this kinda price at bigger hosting companies... but there you can be sure you have support ppl in place... in case something goes wrong... so if you are going to do this as a 'small company' hosting offer.. you have to make the price a lil more attractive.. at least for the beginning....

just my 2cent

cheers & good luck,
                  jörg

Really 40-50 for 30gb xfer is about right, we pay about 3 bucks per gig overage, and I'm a host.... If you sell it any lower, it really looks like your playing the numbers game, your selling more than you have..... And thats usually the case....

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X