Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Liquidweb has let me down....move to hostgator or wiretree?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RobDog888
    replied
    Nope, only was at 28% disk space used and memory was at 50%-75% but noithing is runinng that is taking it up, not sure what is.
    After over a year of complaining and demanding a solution they really dived deep to make the determination:

I turned off all my own backups and yet it didnt make any difference.
    They indicated it was their main servers backup that they do to protect the VPS accounts on that server
    also, stated it was because I had a good portion of data as video files and pictures which they stated causes a heavy load on backuping.

So after much consideration I opted to change servers away from their legacy vps dedicated server. They have awesome customer service and fast response times so as a company I have never deal with a better company. Their products sure could use a shot in the arm

Leave a comment:

• donald1234
    replied
    Originally posted by RobDog888 View Post
    Liquid web is great at customer sevice and fast but their VPS sucks big time. My site runs into major issues when their main server runs its nightly backup. It kills my VPS slice and they say to resolve the issue we have to upgrade to cloud or other server options which are double the price.

Looking at Media Temple. any reviews with vB?
    Is your vps package close to it's limits with ram and bandwidth?

Leave a comment:

• RobDog888
    replied
    Liquid web is great at customer sevice and fast but their VPS sucks big time. My site runs into major issues when their main server runs its nightly backup. It kills my VPS slice and they say to resolve the issue we have to upgrade to cloud or other server options which are double the price.

Looking at Media Temple. any reviews with vB?

Leave a comment:

• alpha
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    I suppose. Have never called a hosting company before. Easier to simply email and get an answer in a couple of minutes. That is my experience with knownhost. Difficult to relay technical information over the phone in my experience. Good Luck.
    Agreed with Wayne. A phone number is nice to report issues like a server being down or network outage where you basically let them know of a problem and get confirmation that they are working on it. When it comes down to technical issues, I'd rather have the tech support working on fixing the problem instead of fielding phone calls.

(Edit: Wow, didn't realize this thread was from 2011.)
    Last edited by alpha; Thu 21 Jun '12, 12:00pm.

Leave a comment:

• Allthumbz
    replied
    Originally posted by alemcherry View Post
    I guess wiredtree is a better option for VPS.
    However, I do not understand why you need to pay Liqduidweb for upgrading your forum. You must be able to do it yourself or much cheaper by a freelancer. Forum upgrade is not hosting related work and hosts would charge a fixed / hourly rate which is higher than what you would pay elsewhere. The best option is to stay with Liquidweb and get someone else to upgrade the forum.
    I just joined LIQUIDWEB, UGH, what a mistake!

Their PHP Maximum file download size is ONLY 2M. And they will NOT change it!
    So if you have DownloadsII installed, your users cannot upload anything larger than 2M, which is VERY small.

It sucks! And they want to sell you a smartserver for $60 in order to get the limit lifted!

Nelson

Leave a comment:

• alemcherry
    replied
    I guess wiredtree is a better option for VPS.
    However, I do not understand why you need to pay Liqduidweb for upgrading your forum. You must be able to do it yourself or much cheaper by a freelancer. Forum upgrade is not hosting related work and hosts would charge a fixed / hourly rate which is higher than what you would pay elsewhere. The best option is to stay with Liquidweb and get someone else to upgrade the forum.

Leave a comment:

• hackrepair
    replied
    If you looking for security as well as customer service, try TVC.Net. They even do free real-time malware scanning, so if you are hacked you'll be notified the moment it occurs.

Enjoy!

Leave a comment:

• IcEWoLF
    replied
    Wiredtree hands down.
    Their customer service is very good.
    You will fall in love with their control panel and the monitoring services they offer on control panel.
    Very accurate too.

Leave a comment:

• TheLastSuperman
    replied
    From my experience with them in the past... considering I overheard three of the phone techs talking about clients like idiots within earshot of the phone and how they have botched two clients sites of mine, one majorly when they were upgrading servers I would say it's safe to assume they *may not* know what they're doing 100% of the time. This is from personal experience, well that and having what seems to be 120% hearing, what I heard back then made it my last call to them ever .

HostGator or URLJet, I've never had a issue with either of them but LiquidWeb, Siteground, and many more seem to be owned by the same "lack there of".

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by wat3v3r View Post
    Between did you ask why Liquidweb asked you to move to a more expensive server? Ask them the reason and try to solve why it is happening as having having 60 users on simultaneously is not much. You may have a badly configured addon on your vb, i once had one and it used to create a lot of temp tables in mysql making our load go really up.
    They probably want to upgrade servers for security and performance purposes. She stated she is running 3.6 which wouldn't be able to run on a server with newer PHP and MySQL installed. If I was a hosting company, I'd charge more to allow customers to continue using outdated equipment and software.

Leave a comment:

• leonidasbourne
    replied
    yes, mostly it can decide on base of service and first ask to three to four different different dealers and see distance and service, financial budget also, than after select options, get live opinion for three to four live users also.

Leave a comment:

• AusPhotography
    replied
    We use a L4 VPS at hostgator, works well

Leave a comment:

• wat3v3r
    replied
    Originally posted by funinbc View Post
    I checked out knownhost. They do not have a phone number to contact for helpdesk....only an e-mail

to me that's not very good support
    umm http://www.knownhost.com/contact.html

There is your number and the support is quite good. Reply to all your tickets in less than 10 mins (usually 5 mins).

Between did you ask why Liquidweb asked you to move to a more expensive server? Ask them the reason and try to solve why it is happening as having having 60 users on simultaneously is not much. You may have a badly configured addon on your vb, i once had one and it used to create a lot of temp tables in mysql making our load go really up.
    Last edited by wat3v3r; Fri 25 Nov '11, 10:22pm.

Leave a comment:

• KevinL
    replied
    What was the actual issue with the upgrade? You should be able to run vBulletin on their legacy equipment.

Also, you do not NEED to upgrade if you do not want to. They are just trying to move people to their new equipment.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    I suppose. Have never called a hosting company before. Easier to simply email and get an answer in a couple of minutes. That is my experience with knownhost. Difficult to relay technical information over the phone in my experience. Good Luck.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X