X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• syrus.xl
    replied
    A better solution would be www.urljet.com

They provide managed vBulletin Hosting across Shared, VPS or Dedicated packages - with 24/7 support and hourly backups. All servers are running LiteSpeed so instantly you have a gain in speed, since most hosts provide you with Apache only. As for where you are in the world, that isn't a problem either, they are partnered with a large CDN (Content Delivery Network) company which you can have added at no cost to you.

Moving your site would not be a problem, they provide that service for free as well as many other services.

I have been with them for over 18 months now, and not suffered any major issues - possibly a 15 minute outage due to a network issue. Server-wise they make sure you are setup correctly for vBulletin. You do pay that little extra, but for the service they provide it is well worth it.

I have had my share of bad hosts over the years, but URLJet are a solid host.

Leave a comment:

• CK
    replied
    I'm the same mate.

Leave a comment:

• GuitarsCanada
    replied
    Originally posted by CK View Post
    If you're wanting hand holding I would strongly point you towards my first suggestion (go for Advanced Shared then once you're signed up ask to be included in the "trial testing")

See here.

http://forum.vidahost.com/index.php?...s-needed.1440/
    Sorry mate, I run a forum not a reseller of servers or web hosting, its not my gig. So yes, I need a bit of guidance in that area

Leave a comment:

• CK
    replied
    If you're wanting hand holding I would strongly point you towards my first suggestion (go for Advanced Shared then once you're signed up ask to be included in the "trial testing")

See here.

http://forum.vidahost.com/index.php?...s-needed.1440/

Leave a comment:

• Dirt Bike Addict
    replied
    Originally posted by GuitarsCanada View Post
    Sounds good pricing wise but do you need to be an IT expert to manage it? I am pretty good with the software but know almost nothing about servers and management of them
    They're un-managed (have root access), so you'll have to do everything yourself. And yes it comes with Plesk.

Leave a comment:

• CK
    replied
    Do they handle the transfer from the current provider?
    Open a support ticket with them, they might do if you ask nicely.

Leave a comment:

• GuitarsCanada
    replied
    Comes with Plesk so you should be able to get your site working straight out of the box.
    Do they handle the transfer from the current provider?

Leave a comment:

• CK
    replied
    Sounds good pricing wise but do you need to be an IT expert to manage it? I am pretty good with the software but know almost nothing about servers and management of them
    Comes with Plesk so you should be able to get your site working straight out of the box.

Leave a comment:

• GuitarsCanada
    replied
    Originally posted by Dirt Bike Addict View Post
    Like CK suggested, I'd look into a dynamic/cloud server solution, especially if you're still growing. We use a Dynamic Cloud server from 1&1 Internet and it's as easy as logging into their adminCP and adding (or removing) more RAM, processor cores, and/or hard disk space. You're files aren't changed in the process. We've already had to do it a few times.

Edit: Here's the link to the cloud server.
    http://order.1and1.com/xml/order/CloudDynamicServer

Leave a comment:

• Dirt Bike Addict
    replied
    Like CK suggested, I'd look into a dynamic/cloud server solution, especially if you're still growing. We use a Dynamic Cloud server from 1&1 Internet and it's as easy as logging into their adminCP and adding (or removing) more RAM, processor cores, and/or hard disk space. You're files aren't changed in the process. We've already had to do it a few times.

Edit: Here's the link to the cloud server.
    http://order.1and1.com/xml/order/CloudDynamicServer

Leave a comment:

• GuitarsCanada
    replied
    Originally posted by Shamil. View Post
    Where are most of your users located?
    90% of the members are in Canada. We do get visitors from all over the world, mainly the states.

Leave a comment:

• Shamil.
    replied
    Where are most of your users located?

Leave a comment:

• CK
    replied
    No reason for VPS specifically. I am just looking for the right "medium to long term" solution here. I am getting tired of having to address this every year or two. I need people that know what I have and know how to handle it.
    Go contact Vidahost.com I always use [email protected] or [email protected], you'll either get Dom, Seb or Darren they're all really friendly. If you're in the UK give them a call as It's free phone and listed on the website. I've been with them 3 years now, they'll give you honest advice about what they can offer that's best for you. Tell them CK sent you their way.

Leave a comment:

• GuitarsCanada
    replied
    Why don't you move to cloud based shared, I've recently made the switch and the performance gain is unbelievably noticeable. Should work out cheaper than VPS too. Is there any reason you specifically need vps?
    No reason for VPS specifically. I am just looking for the right "medium to long term" solution here. I am getting tired of having to address this every year or two. I need people that know what I have and know how to handle it.

Leave a comment:

• CK
    replied
    Why don't you move to cloud based shared, I've recently made the switch and the performance gain is unbelievably noticeable. Should work out cheaper than VPS too. Is there any reason you specifically need vps?

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X