X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    We recommend against GoDaddy shared hosting for vBulletin. If you wish to use a VPS or Dedicated Server through GoDaddy, then they can be made to run vBulletin properly. AS this thread was originally started over a year ago, I am going to close it at this time.

Leave a comment:

• donald1234
    replied
    Godaddy has a very bad record running vbulletin websites, just do a search on here for "godaddy"

Leave a comment:

• Ashwel
    replied
    Well i guess GoDaddy can be good for the vbulletin web hosting, well i haven't seen the performance of it but i have heard a lot about the performance and it's simply great and works for the best internet domain registration. So, i would say yes for this.
    Last edited by Ashwel; Tue 10th Jun '14, 11:53am.

Leave a comment:

• Malena565
    replied
    Thanks for sharing.

Leave a comment:

• Kent55
    replied
    I use http://unlimitedwebhosting.co.uk. I haven't had any issues as they always update to the latest PHP and MySQL versions and their support is great. I highly recommend them and you can choose from shared cloud hosting, a dedi-cloud VPS or a dedicated server. They also offer re-seller hosting too. Best choice I've ever made and perfect for vBulletin. Feel free to read their reviews: http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews245933.html

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    GoDaddy is by far and large the webhost where if our customers are using them, they're probably have problems. From general slowness, bad support, refusing to acknowledge their issues within their services, and generally refusing to work with software vendors. I spent countless hours trying to work with godaddy, to get them to support vBulletin, only to be told its not their fault. I've recently spent countless hours being told by godaddy's network team that nothing is wrong with their network security, and they're not blocking our customers or us from running upgrade scripts. Yet the entire vBulletin staff can replicate the issue on any of their vps/managed accounts. We get completely locked out, as do customers trying to run large upgrades (large amounts of data, or large number of steps). They just keep telling us nothing is wrong, or that it MUST be a problem on our end.

They've done a lot of other fairly bad things in the past too. There is no amount of money I could be paid to ever endorse them.

Leave a comment:

• stevectaylor
    replied
    Originally posted by Zachery View Post
    Are you on a windows or Linux hosting plan with godaddy? Again, we highly urge you to move off of godaddy onto a real, less crappy, webhost.
    "crappy" is that a technical term

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Are you on a windows or Linux hosting plan with godaddy? Again, we highly urge you to move off of godaddy onto a real, less crappy, webhost.

Leave a comment:

• donald1234
    replied
    Have you contacted godaddy about this issue?

Leave a comment:

• bsdvn
    replied
    Hi All

does any one finished install VB 5 on Goddady?

I can see Mysql is 5.5.32 version, and PHP 5.4.20 - and so I can see that it meet with VB5, and I ordered it. I am facing with problem is empty page (http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...=1385303890171)

I can logon into admincp, but I cannot get my forum on http://www.bsdinsight.com/forum/

hope you can help me

Thanks in advance.

Leave a comment:

• scylla22
    commented on 's reply
    I actually moved from hostgator to godaddy month's ago, their support was great but godaddy tops them when it comes to cpu/memory usage.
    Hostgator almost always complained & doesn't even allow vbseo installs in shared hosting.
    Godaddy, I've not had a problem with when it comes to resources or with using vbseo alongside vbulletin.

• scylla22
    commented on 's reply
    Actually yes you can setup vb 420 on godaddy shared linux... I just moved from then with vb 421 & vbseo setup & running for several month's now.

• CygnusFTK
    replied
    Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    5.4 is normally more efficient and gives better performance than 5.3.X. Also 5.3.X was declared end-of-life last week. The exception would be if you're going to run vBulletin 4.X on the same account for some reason. vBulletin 4.X doesn't support PHP 5.4 at this time so you would need to use 5.3.X.

Leave a comment:

• CygnusFTK
    replied
    Just upgraded to 5.3. Do you recommend 5.4?
    Thanks for helping and apologies for being a PITA.

Leave a comment: