X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BirdOPrey5
    replied
    Originally posted by jls.smith23 View Post
    I got tired of having to change hosts because of support never being there so I started my own. Now serving almost 1000 websites, forums and blogs.
    Unlimited disk space and unlimited bandwidth? Really? So if Google wanted to backup their 700 Terabytes of satellite imagery on one of your accounts for $5 a month, you can accommodate it?

Leave a comment:

• jls.smith23
    replied
    I got tired of having to change hosts because of support never being there so I started my own. Now serving almost 1000 websites, forums and blogs.

Leave a comment:

• Samir
    replied
    Originally posted by iyama View Post
    A host with feeling for the costumers.
    I'm sure you meant customers, but in case you didn't, it's definitely that time of year again:

Leave a comment:

• iyama
    replied
    My list is very short:
    1-http://www.shinjiru.com/
    2-http://www.site5.com/

Shinjiru i was 4 years, the last 1.5 year with bigg bigg bigg troubels.
    Every day downtime and a lot of mailing to them.
    At last the refund me a year back.

Site5 i have the last months and the have transfer me totaly with no extra costs in a week.
    The support and mails are very good and very understanding for me.

A host with feeling for the costumers.

Leave a comment:

• syrus.xl
    replied
    Okay, had quite a few - usually, I move if I encounter issues with the provider, but sometimes I just move to try a new host (if they have a good solid reviews on these forums).
    1. www.clipped.co.uk - Very small company on shared package. (Nearly, 18 months)
    2. www.resellerzoom.com - Was not too bad, until they started lowering resource usage on Reseller accounts. (1 month)
    3. www.servage.com - Very limited, European based - PHP environment was very limited, and become worse when trying to install certain PHP scripts (18 months)
    4. www.knownhost.com - VPS. Checked mainly for working with, but I did not find them good enough for my needs. (2 weeks)
    5. www.liquidweb.com - VPS - Were okay at first on a VPS, then they removed one main function without notifying customers on the same server. (1 Year)
    6. www.urljet.com - VPS. Good all rounder, but decided to try another. (1 Year+)
    7. www.servint.com - VPS. Not too bad, but hit a few issues. (6 months)
    8. www.urljet.com - VPS. Yes, returned back to this company because they proved to be one of the better hosts. (3 months til now)

I do not intend moving again, my VPS is stable, support is good and above all I am happy!
    Last edited by syrus.xl; Tue 4 Oct '11, 2:38am.

Leave a comment:

• IcEWoLF
    replied
    Originally posted by Destron View Post
    Three in this order:
    1. iPage
    2. Just host
    3. UrlJet
    4. MDD Hosting
    Any reason why you left URLJET?

Leave a comment:

• HMBeaty
    replied
    Originally posted by Destron View Post
    Three in this order:
    1. iPage
    2. Just host
    3. UrlJet
    4. MDD Hosting
    .....Thats 4 lol

Leave a comment:

• Destron
    replied
    Three in this order:
    1. iPage
    2. Just host
    3. UrlJet
    4. MDD Hosting

Leave a comment:

• PossumX
    replied
    How Many Hosts Have You Been Through?

Started on shared, don't even remember who. Likely it was iPower, as I host about 30 static sites from there for customers, with no issues.

Went to Spry VPS from there, but the service was pathetic, so, one year later transferred to a VPS on eBoundHost. The VPS was likely fine, but a year after that I upgraded to a dedicated server with them and haven't looked back. Great service for the few tickets I have placed, and 3+ years in, still no worries.

Leave a comment:

• whitey10tc
    replied
    Originally posted by Samir View Post
    See, this is the same type of garbage I've run into with each of the hosts I've been with. I'm looking for one that doesn't play this game. Does one exist?
    I can say my current host gogax has had 0 downtime yet. That's a 100% uptime, speeds are comparable, support has been superb, and the price is good. They are located in Canada.

Leave a comment:

• HMBeaty
    replied
    After thinking for awhile on this one, I THINK I've remembered all the hosts I've been through.....

1. PowWeb
    2. Go Daddy
    3. HostGator
    4. Global Gold
    5. ServInt (Current host and VERY satisfied thus far)

Leave a comment:

• dieKetzer
    replied
    my first host was hostway. i was with them for a year and the uptime/performance was great, but they would nickel and dime me for anything possible, such as apache modules, changing php.ini, etc.
    i spent years with hurricane electric. they were pretty good, but they didnt offer enough bandwidth and would charge pretty steep for going over the allotment. i also didnt have much control over anything and the support was pretty non-existent, and with the increasing number of hosts offering cpanel/plesk, i finally left.
    i then moved to servage. i had a lot of control via their cp, but performance was a big issue. their support was probably the best i ever encountered though.
    a mate told me about an outfit called linode. its unmanaged, but the performance and control is outstanding while the price is great. i have been with them a few years now and i have no intention of leaving any time in the foreseeable future.
    Last edited by dieKetzer; Mon 3 Oct '11, 9:56pm.

Leave a comment:

• Samir
    replied
    Originally posted by whitey10tc View Post
    The VPS was a downtime problem and the host kept blaming vbulletin for the problems, until we started digging around and found hardware issues.
    See, this is the same type of garbage I've run into with each of the hosts I've been with. I'm looking for one that doesn't play this game. Does one exist?

Leave a comment:

• whitey10tc
    replied
    In 10 months, I've gone through 5 hosts. My latest is fair priced and $10/mo more than the old VPS. We're on a dedicated now. The biggest problem we encountered with the first three were shared hosting, overselling, throttling, horrible customer service. The VPS was a downtime problem and the host kept blaming vbulletin for the problems, until we started digging around and found hardware issues.

Leave a comment:

• BirdOPrey5
    replied
    I started with SiteGround, they were ok for a few months then they told me I had to upgrade to dedicated from shared, said VPS wasn't even an option. I switched to shared on URLJet and haven't looked back.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X