Dear Lord -- Bandwith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear Lord -- Bandwith

ok guys I got a little problem on my hand... Im running the latest Vbulletin, just switched to a new server where Im allowed 35gigs of traffic per month.. well Ive been running my stats lately

http://www.newcelica.org/stats

and Im averaging close to 5gigs of traffic a day

I just turned off avatars, and Ive relocated the top reload page image to another server so that wont be recalled over and over again.

Ive heard about something called Gzip?? does that come automatically turned on with Vbulletin or is it something I need to do or add?? anyone help??

Any other suggestions you may have would be more then appreciated..

site - www.newcelica.org/forums/index.php
    member - 6305
    threads - 7868
    posts - 70,155

PLEASE HELP ME
    Larry D
    www.newcelica.org

http://i4net.tv/marticle/get.php?act...e&articleid=12
    You're my Prince of Peace
    And I will live my life for You

Comment

mod_gzip has nothing to do with vBulletin or any other software, it's a module for the Apache webserver. Your host has to install it on their server.
      The post of nuno shows how.
      More than 10 years experience in building communities!
      Consulting for migration, import, newsletter delivery, stats, adserver, choosing the right software.

Comment

I know people saving large amounts of bandwidth using This Tip

Comment

You should contact your host and ask for zlib.

When we had zlib enabled in our php, our bandwidth was reduced to less than one half of what it was before.

Just make sure that you don't set your gzip compression level higher than '1' in your vb admin panel. Apparently setting it higher results in negligible changes to compression, but is hard on server resources.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X