Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

urljet vs. mddhosting?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • urljet vs. mddhosting?

    Hi All! I'm looking to start a new vB forum that will initially be low traffic in the beta stage with the hopes of building a vibrant community over time. Criteria are pretty typical for a NooB such as cost considerations, quality technical support and scalability (as the forum moves from shared servers to VPS and beyond). I don't mind paying a "reasonable premium" for a host that consistently provides responsive, knowledgeable and sympathetic tech support. My goal is to get the site up and running as quickly as possible with minimal head banging.

    Currently torn between UrlJet and MDDHosting. Both appear to have good reps within the forums.

    UrlJet: speaks directly to its focus on vB forums. (Is this simply marketing hype or legit?) I love how they will assist in the install and forum set-up stage but wonder if their noticeably higher price is worth it.

    MddHosting: the pricing seems to be awesome. But its web pages feel more "techy" which is a bit alienating to a NooB. Didn't know if their tech support is as good as UrlJet's seems to be? Also, will they be as eager to assist in installing vB and getting my site up and running as UrlJet?

    Deeply appreciative of which host is better suited for my short- and medium-term goals and needs?
    9
    UrlJet
    44.44%
    4
    MddHosting
    11.11%
    1
    Neither
    44.44%
    4
    A forum for vacation home owners & property investors

    The2ndKey.com

  • #2
    In mostly all cases, most of what you hear is marketing.
    Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
    VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
    vBulletin Hosting and Services
    Server / Website Consultation

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Shamil. View Post
      In mostly all cases, most of what you hear is marketing.
      As a repentant marketer, I'm trying to make the best decision for a host that meets my needs. Shamil, can you help me to separate the hype from the reality? Curious if you think either UrlJet or MDDhosting would be good for a first-time vB user?
      A forum for vacation home owners & property investors

      The2ndKey.com

      Comment


      • #4
        Really, either or. They are both great providers. You cvan not go wrong with either.
        HostAtom.net - Forum Hosting at it's best! Email [email protected] and find out more!
        Cpanel, Softaculous, LiteSpeed, CloudLinux, Daily R1Soft backups, 24x7 Server monitoring

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by 4Play View Post
          As a repentant marketer, I'm trying to make the best decision for a host that meets my needs. Shamil, can you help me to separate the hype from the reality? Curious if you think either UrlJet or MDDhosting would be good for a first-time vB user?
          Originally posted by KevinL View Post
          Really, either or. They are both great providers. You cvan not go wrong with either.
          This.

          You don't get the benefits URLJet provide until your forum has grown and is very active, at least.
          Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
          VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
          vBulletin Hosting and Services
          Server / Website Consultation

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by 4Play View Post
            Hi All! I'm looking to start a new vB forum that will initially be low traffic in the beta stage with the hopes of building a vibrant community over time. Criteria are pretty typical for a NooB such as cost considerations, quality technical support and scalability (as the forum moves from shared servers to VPS and beyond). I don't mind paying a "reasonable premium" for a host that consistently provides responsive, knowledgeable and sympathetic tech support. My goal is to get the site up and running as quickly as possible with minimal head banging.

            Currently torn between UrlJet and MDDHosting. Both appear to have good reps within the forums.

            UrlJet: speaks directly to its focus on vB forums. (Is this simply marketing hype or legit?) I love how they will assist in the install and forum set-up stage but wonder if their noticeably higher price is worth it.

            MddHosting: the pricing seems to be awesome. But its web pages feel more "techy" which is a bit alienating to a NooB. Didn't know if their tech support is as good as UrlJet's seems to be? Also, will they be as eager to assist in installing vB and getting my site up and running as UrlJet?

            Deeply appreciative of which host is better suited for my short- and medium-term goals and needs?
            MddHosting has great user reviews over at webhostingtalk.com

            best thing you can do is email both hosts with a list of questions and gauge their response before making your decision to host with them.
            :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
            :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
            :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

            Comment


            • #7
              Eva2000/Shamil, thank you both very much! Sounds like MDDhosting is the way to go based on my needs. Much obliged
              A forum for vacation home owners & property investors

              The2ndKey.com

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Shamil. View Post
                This.

                You don't get the benefits URLJet provide until your forum has grown and is very active, at least.
                I don't believe that. I started my little forum last year and they helped me out when I had issues even if I was a noob. Eventually I learned enough to where I didn't need their help anymore but it also helped that I read their FAQs and tried googling how to do stuff before going to them.
                www.8thos.com

                Comment

                widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X