Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rant about shared hosting companies

Hello,

After visiting many sites of hosting companies and tried a few ,I reached the following conclusion: 99% of them provide exactly the same shared hosting, neither more nor less.

Ie? Same panel (often CPanel, less Plesk) and autoinstaller (Softaculous), same billing software (WHMCS), same community software (vBulletin ) and so on.

Some people emphasize the quality and timeliness of support. Of course it's important, but I never saw significant differences (except for crappy companies that take 3 days to reply in two lines). And it's often not a good sign when you need it.

Only certain companies or associations - not always the biggest - have the merit of doing something different, more reliable (with clusters, hardware firewalls and load balancers) and more innovative.

• What's your opinion? Do you feel the same?
    • What do you think of CPanel, Plesk and other non-homemade panels ?
    • I know there are a lot of hosters representatives here, what do they think of that?

If you've only hosted with companies that offer Unlimited everything, you're probably not going to see a difference between these.
    Oppressed.

Comment

Originally posted by royo View Post
      If you've only hosted with companies that offer Unlimited everything, you're probably not going to see a difference between these.
      Not only.

Comment

Working...
      X