This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by James Todd View Post
    I'm aware of that. I should add that we do have a 99.9% uptime SLA in place which we consistently hit and the incident which Shamil referred to was definitely a one off. We do have a sliding scale of compensation should we ever go below 99.9% which, although not ideal, does go some way to compensate customers for downtime.
    Fair enough. Fair play to you for coming into this thread and responding. Hopefully it really *will* turn out to be a one off, and I mean that nicely, because I feel sure if it happens again you'll have a serious crisis of confidence.

The host I had prior to my current excellent host, had a 24 hour outage. I put it down to a one off. Then they had another, and lost half my database (I had to give them one of my own backups to get it back up and running). And at that point my confidence was gone. Then, while I was mulling over changing hosts, they had a third, and there's really no way back from that.
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.4 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

The thing is you never really hear about the good

Been there for 5 years and no problems, then 72 hours OUTAGE

Folk only remember the bad times

I have had a few hosts for various things both us and uk based, all had their problems to be honest and all the time it was working i didnt worry

And yes fair play to James for popping by here, i may be giving him a try :-)
      Regards

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymous999 View Post
        The thing is you never really hear about the good

Been there for 5 years and no problems, then 72 hours OUTAGE

Folk only remember the bad times

I have had a few hosts for various things both us and uk based, all had their problems to be honest and all the time it was working i didnt worry

And yes fair play to James for popping by here, i may be giving him a try :-)
        72 hours outage is just unacceptable by any standards.

If I was with a host and that happened, by the time they came back up I'd have already moved elsewhere.
        MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.4 Demo
        AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
          72 hours outage is just unacceptable by any standards.

If I was with a host and that happened, by the time they came back up I'd have already moved elsewhere.
          That was just my example, i could have put 3, 5, 10 etc
          Regards

Comment

Sounds very cheap

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X