X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any expierence with this host

www.qualityservers.co.uk

James has some good personal reviews on some of the webhosting forums and always comes back with email answers on pre-sales issues

We are looking at a diamond VPS over there, i did a search but couldnt find them here in any threads

Also would like to know whats the best server configuration to ask for for vB4.07 (with vBseo)

Its Zen with cPanel and CentOS - tech specs

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Anonymous999; Mon 18 Apr '11, 8:56am.
    Regards

I used to use Quality Servers, though I did have a few speed issues on both of their UK and US servers. Support was worse, with my VPS down for over 36 hours.
    Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
    VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
    vBulletin Hosting and Services
    Server / Website Consultation

Comment

I did read they had a major harware problem that caused a major outage so could this have been the reason ?

Was it just one 36 hour incident ? Or was it consistently bad ?

Who do you host with now, im only interested in UK datacenters...
      Regards

Comment

If it says cheap hosting, then I wouldn't trust it. You pay for what you get.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymous999 View Post
          I did read they had a major harware problem that caused a major outage so could this have been the reason ?

Was it just one 36 hour incident ? Or was it consistently bad ?

Who do you host with now, im only interested in UK datacenters...
          Well, it happened twice - I didn't get a refund, but I just left it. I now colocate my servers, but I have both UK and USA server spots.

Comment

Looks like kids in a bedroom (or in this case a university "office").

Not that this is always bad....my current host is a former teenage hosting entrepreneur and has built a very solid reliable business out of it.
            MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.4 Demo
            AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
              Looks like kids in a bedroom (or in this case a university "office").

Not that this is always bad....my current host is a former teenage hosting entrepreneur and has built a very solid reliable business out of it.
              I wouldn't go with a business that's not incorporated. Quality Servers Limited was taken, but dissolved a while ago.

Comment

I'd suggest doing a search over at http://www.webhostingtalk.com
                you don't have to sign in to search, just pop "qualityservers" in the search bar and once you sort through all the owners post promoting the hosting site, you'll find some real reviews.
                -- Web Developer for hire
                ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

Originally posted by Loco.M View Post
                  I'd suggest doing a search over at http://www.webhostingtalk.com
                  you don't have to sign in to search, just pop "qualityservers" in the search bar and once you sort through all the owners post promoting the hosting site, you'll find some real reviews.
                  I did look there, its where i came across Quality Servers and James
                  Last edited by Anonymous999; Tue 19 Apr '11, 6:54am.
                  Regards

Comment

I noticed some traffic coming to our website from this page and felt the need to come on here and clear a few things up.

First, yes, we did have a single, isolated incident which caused roughly 24 hours of downtime (with some further issues that laster around another 24 hours) while we moved our entire Manchester-based infrastructure from M247 to UK Grid and had a lot of issues in the process. This was due to a lot of bad luck with extra equipment we had purchased and the configuration at the network level with regard to our IP space.

Now that we are completely settled in, we won't be undertaking another project of this sort again, ever. Everyone who opened a ticket with us for compensation after this incident was given 100% of their bill back and throughout the period we kept all of our customers up to date with what was going on behind the scenes, being very apologetic and tireless in our endeavours. I feel that we really did the best we could given very difficult circumstances.

We use the phrase "Cheap UK Web Hosting Servers" in our title for marketing reasons, it is not a reflexion on the level of service we provide, which is documented throughout our website and in the numerous positive reviews you'll find about our services on the Net.

We're not kids, and we don't operate out of a bedroom. Our office is based in InfoLab21 (Google it!) which is probably the most prestigious office location for IT-based companies in the city, with office rent double the going rate per square metre.

We are incorporated as QuickVPS Limited which is the name we used to trade under. Our incorporation number is 07361212 (check it at Companies House!), we are also VAT-registered. We are incorporated as QuickVPS Limited because that's the name we used to trade under.

Please verify your facts before posting ill-researched nonsense about our company.

Comment

Originally posted by James Todd View Post
                      I noticed some traffic coming to our website from this page and felt the need to come on here and clear a few things up.

First, yes, we did have a single, isolated incident which caused roughly 24 hours of downtime (with some further issues that laster around another 24 hours) while we moved our entire Manchester-based infrastructure from M247 to UK Grid and had a lot of issues in the process. This was due to a lot of bad luck with extra equipment we had purchased and the configuration at the network level with regard to our IP space.

Now that we are completely settled in, we won't be undertaking another project of this sort again, ever. Everyone who opened a ticket with us for compensation after this incident was given 100% of their bill back and throughout the period we kept all of our customers up to date with what was going on behind the scenes, being very apologetic and tireless in our endeavours. I feel that we really did the best we could given very difficult circumstances.

We use the phrase "Cheap UK Web Hosting Servers" in our title for marketing reasons, it is not a reflexion on the level of service we provide, which is documented throughout our website and in the numerous positive reviews you'll find about our services on the Net.

We're not kids, and we don't operate out of a bedroom. Our office is based in InfoLab21 (Google it!) which is probably the most prestigious office location for IT-based companies in the city, with office rent double the going rate per square metre.

We are incorporated as QuickVPS Limited which is the name we used to trade under. Our incorporation number is 07361212 (check it at Companies House!), we are also VAT-registered. We are incorporated as QuickVPS Limited because that's the name we used to trade under.

Please verify your facts before posting ill-researched nonsense about our company.
                      I thought this was a reasonable enough post until I got to the last line. Tip: don't get stroppy in front of potential customers.

The only other thing I'd add, regarding the downtime, is that, whilst it's very unfortunate, the harsh reality of business is that customers won't care about excuses, they only care that their sites are down.
                      MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.4 Demo
                      AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Thanks for ther comments James

Well i found 2 good reviews so far

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1024477

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1034011

Have you any large vB sites on your servers ?
                        Regards

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
                          The only other thing I'd add, regarding the downtime, is that, whilst it's very unfortunate, the harsh reality of business is that customers won't care about excuses, they only care that their sites are down.
                          I'm aware of that. I should add that we do have a 99.9% uptime SLA in place which we consistently hit and the incident which Shamil referred to was definitely a one off. We do have a sliding scale of compensation should we ever go below 99.9% which, although not ideal, does go some way to compensate customers for downtime.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymous999 View Post
                            Have you any large vB sites on your servers ?
                            We do host a few large forums, mainly on Diamond VPSs. Unfortunately due to the DPA I can't really go into much more detail that that.

Comment

James, not to derail the thread, however, I understand where you are coming from. It was frustrating at the time, and I completely understand any issues you were having. One of the worse issues I had was that I wasn't able to track my ticket, and the mail server completely failed to send out the ticket acknowledgement email.

I trust things have greatly improved.

A point though, you probably want to place the company information, pertinent to QuickVPS Ltd, on the About Us page of Quick Servers.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X