Please recommend a host?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please recommend a host?

I have a small-medium sized forum, most of the time there are no more then 50 users online, but once a week we have a peak in the evening when there are 200-300 users online for 2 hours. For the last few years was with eukhost shared and had no problems but they went downhill badly recently, I even upgraded to a vps with them which was even worst!

Can anyone recommend a host, don't need much diskspace and around 20-30GB bandwidth a month, most important is reliability and decent support and able to cope with 200-300 users just for couple of hours a week?

I'm based in UK dont mind where host is as long a decent speed.

Hello,

Please have a look at http://www.webhostingtalk.com for a list of latest web hosts.
    Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
    VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
    vBulletin Hosting and Services
    Server / Website Consultation

Comment

If you go with JustHost, their hosting service SUCKS. Try Site5 or HostGator.

Comment

I would suggest hotgator or asmallorange.com
        vBulletin Hosting - Building my Automotive Forum Network...
        vBulletin FAQ - Lincoln vs Cadillac - Mopar Forum - Car Audio Forum - E Body Mopar Forum - B Body Mopar Forum
        Pick Up Truck Forum - C Body Mopar Forum - FMJ Body Mopar Forum - Willys and Jeep Forum

Comment

i suggest photonvps.com use xen
          forum freedom

Comment

Originally posted by riceboi1230 View Post
            If you go with JustHost, their hosting service SUCKS. Try Site5 or HostGator.
            Agreed. They suck.

Comment

softlayer is expensive but worth it.

Comment

Try www.vidahost.com excellent customer feedback and fantastic referral system.

You het 10% off using the following coupon code "www.the-sps.org"

Also.

IBTL

Comment

mediatemple.net has been great

Comment

You may try happy-hosting company, they have provided stable services cheaply and reliably.
                    And they have a discount on their services: CUT20OFF (20% off).

Comment

I'm UK based and use US based www.urljet.com as my hosting company. It may seem strange since I am miles away from the actual data center, but I refuse to pay the prices for UK based hosts and unreliable services, and I have been with quite a few over the years.

Now, URLJet is different than your average provider, and they use LiteSpeed on all servers (not slow Apache), therefore you are instantly getting a boost from pages loading much quicker then your standard cheap hosts. They also provide dedicated vBulletin support, including installs, upgrades, modification installations, etc and of course lower price custom work (if required). At the moment they are in the middle of providing clients with CDN access, this has helped my sites drastically since there is 4-5 new servers going up very shortly, one being in London. So, basically if your website ever went offline, the CDN cuts in and still delivers your content (as long as it is cached). The other benefits of a CDN is you notice a large difference in lower resources required, less spambots reaching your forum, you use less bandwidth resources because the CDN caches your data. So, once this system is fully installed across the network your forum pages will be opening within a second or less depending on content. There are other providers that use services similar to this, but the technology behind this system is growing rapidly, giving you access to apps that will benefit your forum even more.

To find a hosting company that can provide all this to its clients, and a high-level of support to back up would be difficult. There are many positive reviews on URLJet not only on these forums, but on many other sites as well, so they must be doing something right.

If you are unsure about anything just give them a call or email them, they will tell you exactly what package is suitable for your requirements, and by reading yours I would say they are quite low anyway. Remember, all companies have full control of what resources a VPS has - therefore some companies may give you one for a higher price but the actual specs could be lower than that of a shared environment.

All the best..

Comment

You may try webhostgiant or marblehost companies, they have resourceful enough plans which cost little plus they have active support.

Comment

Just moved a site with vb forum away from HostGator to MDDHosting.com and cant believe how much faster it is compared with Host Gator.

Comment

Try Hostgator there are good also checkout hostmonster

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X