• Show
Clear All

Cdn?
    British Genealogy.

Comment

I am sorry cdn = content delivery network

Maxcdn is a popular one

Then there is something like http://www.cloudflare.com/overview.html
      HostAtom.net - Forum Hosting at it's best! Email [email protected] and find out more!
      Cpanel, Softaculous, LiteSpeed, CloudLinux, Daily R1Soft backups, 24x7 Server monitoring

Comment

Originally posted by Bo Peep View Post
        More stats from Global Gold.

Month Unique visitors Number of visits Pages Hits Bandwidth
        Jan 2011 80466 139682 1105413 6973859 62.21 GB
        Feb 2011 77516 128664 1112802 6171305 64.46 GB
        Mar 2011 43729 68686 532931 3302601 31.02 GB
        You use up to 65 GB per month bandwidth but you said your package gives you 100 GB per month. Looks like you have plenty of bandwidth to spare.

Comment

I have just heard from Global Gold and they are now giving me 400gb bandwidth. This should make a difference, yes?

I also asked about CDN and the response from Global Gold was:-
          No, that'll slow your site down and ruin your SEO position. They are hosted in America.
          British Genealogy.

Comment

Yes, that will help

lol The point of a CDN, is the company has servers globally so your images/javascript/css are being served from the closest server to them. This is much better for SEO. Improperly setting up the CDN can and will slow down your site though.

Most have good experiences with cdn's here is a thread at WHT http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1011054

This post :

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpo...9&postcount=14

explains it well
            HostAtom.net - Forum Hosting at it's best! Email [email protected] and find out more!
            Cpanel, Softaculous, LiteSpeed, CloudLinux, Daily R1Soft backups, 24x7 Server monitoring

Comment

I never dreamed that running a forum would be so complicated! Gosh, I wish I was one tenth as smart as you guys.
              British Genealogy.

Comment

From what I've seen, there's no immediate reason for you to upgrade. As many suggested a CDN would help alleviate the bandwidth/transfers on the server. I'd suggest you look into MaxCDN.
                Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
                VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
                vBulletin Hosting and Services
                Server / Website Consultation

Comment

Originally posted by Bo Peep View Post
                  I have just heard from Global Gold and they are now giving me 400gb bandwidth. This should make a difference, yes?
                  I don't see how this will help. At most you used 65 GB of traffic in a month... You currently have a 100 GB limit. How is upping that limit to 400 GB going to make any difference?

Comment

I think they are assuming that the bandwidth will continue to go up. Which is why they are saying to upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by BirdOPrey5 View Post
                      I don't see how this will help. At most you used 65 GB of traffic in a month... You currently have a 100 GB limit. How is upping that limit to 400 GB going to make any difference?
                      That is a very good question. In my opinion the OP would be much better off finding a more reliable and professional host.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X