Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LouisB
    replied
    I would avoid 1&1 at all costs. They're cheap and their services show why. Tried to bill me 500 for bandwidth overcharges and tried threatening me with debt collectors. Even though i was 1000GB under my plan limit. Took ages to sort the mess out.

Leave a comment:

• rajubd
    replied
    anytype of shared host enough for you.

Leave a comment:

• Shamil.
    replied
    If you have about 1/4 of those people online simultaneously, well.. yeah. I suggest you look at VPS options.

Leave a comment:

• petertdavis
    replied
    I would highly recommend against either of those hosts. 1&1 is particularly bad. Godaddy is good for registering domains. 1&1 is good for nothing. Pretty much ANY host will be better than 1&1, and it isn't hard to beat Godaddy's hosting.

Leave a comment:

• ryan1918
    replied
    There is no for sure answer to this question, there is many factors that could change it..

Example, out of the 950 how many are going to be on the site at one time, how often are they going to visit the site?

Those type of sites have limits on resources like ram/cpu and if you use too much in a set amount of time they will say your hogging up the resources and suspend your account, depending on the budget, you could get something like a vps, or share a dedicated server with someone which would give you better chances of not running into problems, but really you need to know how active it's going to be do answer and be correct on these things.

Leave a comment:

• wda2015
    replied
    i would never say there is no chance of that to happen.. i have heard good and bad about both hosts, as with all shared hosting you take your chances..

Leave a comment:

• Joel S.
    replied
    So there is no chance for Overload? Cause that is what happend to me when I tried PHPBB3.0.7.

Leave a comment:

• wda2015
    replied
    i would think so..

Leave a comment:

• Joel S.
    started a topic New Client, 950 People Forum.

New Client, 950 People Forum.

Hello,
    I need to open a Forum for one of my Clients (School with 980 Students).
    I was wondering if a random Host like: "1and1" or "GoDady" can handel 980 Vbulletin forum + Bots etc.

Thanks in advance.