Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Check cpanel and see if your host is overloading/overselling, you will be surprised.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shamil.
    replied
    Originally posted by ryan1918 View Post
    I doubt it is getting the same data, nor would it have the type of access like cpanel has.
    It gets the same data.

Leave a comment:

• ryan1918
    replied
    I doubt it is getting the same data, nor would it have the type of access like cpanel has.

Leave a comment:

• rajubd
    replied
    you can see server load on vb admin page so no need to go cpanel.

Leave a comment:

• ryan1918
    replied
    neat-o

Leave a comment:

• GoHighVoltage
    replied
    WOW, I Have a Super host then, My stats are:

Server Load 0.00 (16 cpus)
    Memory Used 5.6 %

Leave a comment:

• GregUURL
    replied
    That's from a shared box at 9:30am....No complaints in the queue...Life is good....lol

Leave a comment:

• ryan1918
    replied
    Yeah I would hope 24 can handle close to that.

Leave a comment:

• Ace
    replied
    5.16/24 .. equivalent to a load of 0.215 on one CPU. I'd have to hope it runs smooth!

Leave a comment:

• worried
    replied
    Thanks GregUURL for some more helpful links. I'm not on a shared server. Your right though you get hosed using one. I'll take a look at googles firefox page speed plugin. How does your machine run at 5.16? Okay?

Leave a comment:

• GregUURL
    replied
    * Load Averages: 7.73 7.73 6.18
    Server Load 5.16 (24 cpus)

How fast things change...Same machine, only difference was the time it took to open cpanel..
    Then, 5 minutes from now someone could dump 50,000 emails on the machine (totally against TOS) and those numbers would change dramatically.
    The reality is that shared hosting is a game of averages and once youíre with a host whose averages coincide with your needs, thereís far more to be gained from studying the numbers coming from the tools on this page http://code.google.com/speed/page-speed than a momentary number in cpanel. Besides vB will let you know when itís time to start paying attention to the server.

Leave a comment:

• ryan1918
    replied
    No problem, It's actually not out there, kind of hidden actually, At least people can see a little why things are so slow/laggy.

Leave a comment:

• worried
    replied
    Thanks for the info ryan1918. I know where to find this in my Cpanel now.

Leave a comment:

• ryan1918
    replied
    Which model/processor you using? I just built a server with 128GB of ram for a customer, I'd hate to see how much power that uses.
    Last edited by ryan1918; Fri 14th Jan '11, 2:20am.

Leave a comment:

• syrus.xl
    replied
    My server load is really high!

System information
    Server load 7.61 (24 CPUs)
    Memory Used 21.93% (10843104 of 49451520)
    Swap Used 0.00% (272 of 8385920)

Leave a comment:

• ryan1918
    replied
    Oh yeah I forgot that's not real time stats, and yes I've seen outrages loads too like in ddos attacks and such.

Leave a comment: