Need a new host asap.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shamil. View Post
    Just a note than LightSpeed isn't far superior than Apache. With the correct tuning, Apache can be more powerful, and resilient than LightSpeed.
    That isn't true at all, lightspeed can destroy apache in so many ways, even if you tune apache by a million things, it can never compare to lightspeed but apache is good at a few things that lightspeed can not work on, but 90% of the time it always wins.

Comment

Originally posted by ryan1918 View Post
      That isn't true at all, lightspeed can destroy apache in so many ways, even if you tune apache by a million things, it can never compare to lightspeed but apache is good at a few things that lightspeed can not work on, but 90% of the time it always wins.
      Been there, Litespeed was good, for a while, until it had HTTP 503 errors on a near 30-minute rotation. In the end, we went with nginx.
      Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
      VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
      vBulletin Hosting and Services
      Server / Website Consultation

Comment

Originally posted by syrus.xl View Post
        Hi,
        I would contact www.urljet.com - they will give you a package suitable for your requirements. What makes them different to any other hosting provider you will find is that they specialize in vBulletin, and give you support that goes way beyond that of a normal host. They provide you with additonal features like hourly backups, LiteSpeed server technology (far superior than Apache), and a host of other features which you will not find elsewhere.

I have been with them for well over a year and never had an issue, their managed vBulletin support goes far beyond that of any host I have been with to date. Support is available 24/7/365 - telephone, support desk and email. I have been with many top hosting providers over the years, and none of them even come close to URLJet.

Many of the big boards I've seen around even state they are hosted by URLJet, when I mean big boards I refer to forums where 5000-8000+ users are online most of the time, even with this amount traffic, they run very quick because of all the optimization that URLJet does not only to your server but your vBulletin as well.
        Thank You. I have to which host and was considering URLJet and you just help me make my decision.
        History is the lie currently being told. Voltaire

Comment

whatever you do, don't use bluegravity, they've put me deep in the s**t the last couple of months

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X