Need help - picking hosting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help - picking hosting

I am hosting my website and vbulletin board on one of my friend hosting account with bluehost.com and i looking for good hosting for it. I want to get away from having my forum hosted on his account. what the best options out there.

im looking as well, subscribing to this thread.

Comment

If it is only hosting you want then go to places like Hostgator or HostMonster, but if you want a company that sells a piece of mind, their knowledge and unsurpassed service and support, with hosting just being a commodity! - then look no further than www.urljet.com - A dedicated vbulletin company, free installs and free upgrades on high-speed servers. No other company will give you the same service.

Enough said...

Comment

Does hostgator meet min req for vb4?

Comment

Hostgator will run vBulletin 4 - but if your forum becomes popular then you will soon see database errors from you using too many server resources.

Comment

godaddy for low budget and theplanet for higher traffic. I love both of them.
            http://www.budgetgadgets.com/

Comment

Try ASmallOrange

http://www.asmallorange.com/hosting/shared/

Ive been with them for years...
              vBulletin Hosting - Building my Automotive Forum Network...
              vBulletin FAQ - Lincoln vs Cadillac - Mopar Forum - Car Audio Forum - E Body Mopar Forum - B Body Mopar Forum
              Pick Up Truck Forum - C Body Mopar Forum - FMJ Body Mopar Forum - Willys and Jeep Forum

Comment

There are Lot's of Hosting companies available, before choosing Hosting Provider track their background,support,uptime,server speed and features. Especially if your Forum recieving high traffic then you should consider your hosting specifications ( dedicated,VPS,shared ) such as Bandwith,discspace,modules features.. etc!
                Privilegeserver.com | 90% DISCOUNT : PS2ME
                Instalatron | Softaculous | Fantastico | Urchin | R1soft | RVSitebuilder | Clickbe | Attraca Seo
                VB Optimized Cpanel - Oneclick Vbulletin Installation via Softaculous and Instalatron

Comment

I'd stay away from places offering unlimited bandwidth, or unlimited everything.

Comment

better try www.eurovps.com
                    my website hosted by them. very good expart support team which i like most..
                    MobilePhoneTalk.Com - Mobile Phone Community Powered By EuroVPS.Com

Comment

Originally posted by syrus.xl View Post
                      If it is only hosting you want then go to places like Hostgator or HostMonster, but if you want a company that sells a piece of mind, their knowledge and unsurpassed service and support, with hosting just being a commodity! - then look no further than www.urljet.com - A dedicated vbulletin company, free installs and free upgrades on high-speed servers. No other company will give you the same service.

Enough said...
                      I hate to say it but your acting like that's the only company that would do that, your wrong 90% of hosts would do free installs and upgrades, any non-lazy host, it takes minutes to do it, and you say "no other company will give the same service" give me a break, you sound like you work for the company and trying to make a sale.

I would do it for any of my customers, and I charge much less than urljet. I even sell dedicated servers, and I don't mind transferring my customers files, I have transferred TB's of data to servers at no extra costs, that's how much I go out of my way for my customers.

Comment

Originally posted by ryan1918 View Post
                        I hate to say it but your acting like that's the only company that would do that, your wrong 90% of hosts would do free installs and upgrades, any non-lazy host, it takes minutes to do it, and you say "no other company will give the same service" give me a break, you sound like you work for the company and trying to make a sale.

I would do it for any of my customers, and I charge much less than urljet. I even sell dedicated servers, and I don't mind transferring my customers files, I have transferred TB's of data to servers at no extra costs, that's how much I go out of my way for my customers.
                        Are you copying me?
                        Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
                        VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
                        vBulletin Hosting and Services
                        Server / Website Consultation

Comment

Originally posted by ryan1918 View Post

I am not trying to make a sale, I am just pointing out facts... Besides, URLJet don't even need people like me to generate sales - they can do that by themselves. Since, I been with them - I have sent 3 clients of mine to them, most of my clients do not even run vBulletin, and I only told them about changing hosting due to problems they were having with their current hosts - they moved and have not looked back since! Where you get your facts from I do not know, but then I have read about your antics from other users on this forum which referred to you and WHT.

I just looked at your website regarding hosting - no PR at all, no inbound links, bad spelling, and registered in May 2010 "About Us: We have been in the hosting business for over a year". Does not say much really, and looks more like a 'one-man-band' reseller! and lies Personally, I would not trust my data with your company at all. Tell me, how can you offer support 24/7, do you employ people to cover the hours you're asleep?

"We are currently providing hosting to thosuands of customers and thousands of sites, including hosting hundreds of dedicated servers for our clients" - If you were providing hosting on that scale, why is your PR and traffic per month so low?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	3681036
                            Oh... looks like you already have bad rep not only elsewhere but on here as well..

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...=1#post2095487

I rest my case!
                            Last edited by syrus.xl; Sat 1 Jan '11, 9:56am.

Comment

Originally posted by syrus.xl View Post
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]49877[/ATTACH]
                              Oh... looks like you already have bad rep not only elsewhere but on here as well..

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...=1#post2095487

I rest my case!
                              Yeah your an idiot for sure, Let's see do you want me to pull up books my site has been in, goverment pdf's, ryan1918.com was one of the biggest security site's in the WORLD before I closed it in 2007, so I'd watch what you say before you open your mouth.

Let's see your going to mcafee, which doesn't check the site, it relys on people to post information about a site, I could put google is full of malware, and it would come up as a risk, so now that site is bad, which is retarded. If you actually knew anything about anything, my personal site is a forum, that deals with security, you should actually look at something before stating something you have no idea about it.

My domain for my hosting company isn't have anything to do with my company, 99% of my clients are from referrals and other clients, and if you base a host off PR and links you have no idea what your doing or your a idiot at that.. who cares about PR and links? are you kidding me and don't tell me what I do and don't have, and how long I have been around, since you think your so smart, a domain registered means when my company began? Not, check the IRS since your so nosy, and all my clients have 24/7 support and have been, and Sorry kid, but I don't resell anything I have my own servers, and I have 30 dedicated servers so I am far from a reseller, I have several racks in multiple different datacenters, but you judge a host on PR and back links so.. yeah..
                              Also how is it you can see my "traffic" what are you doing going to a site that tells you what a site has a month? They don't know what is coming and going from my site or servers, they are doing estimates, I could estimate, a million people go to my site a day, but I'd be wrong, would you believe me? Exactly.

Some me one thing spelled wrong on my site. I'd love to see it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X