transfer from virtual to dedicated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• transfer from virtual to dedicated

-I want to transfer all the data with telnet ftp from my virtual account to my server. But I can`t find a ftp command to transfer directories with their contents? Guess I`ll have to tar it down or something, but am I missing a command?

-I`m doing a mysql dump to /home/radiomut on my virtual account, but the file won`t show up, when I set it to /home/radiomut/dump.sql it says it`s not a valid directory. What can I be doing wrong?

Thanks
    Last edited by Haakon; Sat 5th Jan '02, 4:58am.

I believe mget or mput will do the trick - but if not then yes you'll have to tar it I think. I always just tar it up and then ftp the single file over.

Comment

Re: transfer from virtual to dedicated

Originally posted by Haakon
      -I want to transfer all the data with telnet ftp from my virtual account to my server. But I can`t find a ftp command to transfer directories with their contents? Guess I`ll have to tar it down or something, but am I missing a command?

-I`m doing a mysql dump to /home/radiomut on my virtual account, but the file won`t show up, when I set it to /home/radiomut/dump.sql it says it`s not a valid directory. What can I be doing wrong?

Thanks
      try creating a new directoy in the public directory root in /home/radiomut/public_html/backups/backup.sql
      :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
      :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
      :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Thanks, it seemed to work

Comment

Originally posted by Haakon
          Thanks, it seemed to work
          glad to hear
          :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
          :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
          :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X