Is a VPS needed? Deceptive Unlimited Bandwidth claims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is a VPS needed? Deceptive Unlimited Bandwidth claims

The host being used for a vB 3.8 claims unlimited bandwidth and storage, but as usual hidden in the unavailable info is some vague maximum cpu usage.

They claim CPU usage is 46 136 script executions per day on the existing Vb 3.8 series even though there may be only 25 visitor a day on average. There are a hundred or so embedded videos via AME's hack, but those are served elsewhere.

I am not wild about server hosts with these vague, unpublished, unadvertised allotments and deceptive advertising, so do you all advise a VPS, and if so, whom? They seem to be quite expensive for a forum that does not make hardly any $

A web master friend suggested splitting it between two inexpensive host plans like $10 a month x 2 but with the same host company.

You don't need a vps. (If you do, I suggest www.linode.com)

I recommend http://www.globalgold.co.uk/vbulleti...ng-and-signup/ for you site (their cheapest plan will do you)

Comment

Globalgold does not advertise maximum script executions per plan....so it is hard to tell so I guess I will have to contact them.

Comment

Originally posted by Finster View Post
        Globalgold does not advertise maximum script executions per plan....so it is hard to tell so I guess I will have to contact them.
        I'd steer clear of hosts who do. gg's minimum plan will easily do you imo.Another one that gets a lot of praise is urljet.com - I've never used them before though.

Comment

I don't understand how splitting the things would help you in the longer run. Rather find a legitimate host who is transparent in the policies and in the terms of using the resources etc. Within the range of $30-35 per month you should get fully managed virtual private server. And you will have full control over the resources allocated to you.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X