Moving to a new host

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving to a new host

Hey guys, how do I transfer all my files from an old host to a new host without messing up the forum? (w/o messing as in the forum sections and stats are still gonna be there)

I have already purchased a new host with all the ftp info in it.

i need a step by step guide so i wont mess up my forum.

Thanks

Originally posted by borbole View Post
    The best way to go about it in my opinion would be to follow these steps:

1) Place your forum off line
    2) Make a thorough backup of your database and forum files.
    3) Create a database at the new server
    4) Import there the backup of your database
    5) Upload the forum files to the new server space preserving the structure intact. i.e. uploading it in the same folder/place like you had them in the old server space.
    6) Open config.php file with a php editor program and edit the db infos in there to match those of the new database you created previously at the new host''s CP.

Open your forum and you should be all set. Some hosts do the move for free of charge. So you might want to ask your new host if they can do the move for you.
    here info from other post.

Comment

see here

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/moving_servers
      My Site: INFJs.com

Comment

What control panel do you have with the current/new host?
        If both are having same panel then it will be much easier to backup the entire thing and restore it to new one! Some good hosts help their client with the migration as well. Will be good to you have a word with them.
        ATB

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X