Dedicated E5520 2.26Ghz vs Dual E5320 1.86Ghz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dedicated E5520 2.26Ghz vs Dual E5320 1.86Ghz

I am looking to switch to a different hosting company as my current hosts support isn't too great.

I am deciding between the these two similarly priced servers.

Which of these would offer better performance?

Single Xeon E5520 Quad-Core 2.26Ghz (same as my current setup) vs Dual Processor Quad Core Xeon E5320 - 1.86Ghz

They both offer 12GB ram / 2x 250GB Sata II Raid 1

Will there be more benefits with the single processor at 2.26ghz or will having the two processors at a lower clock of 1.86ghz be better?

The forum generally has about 1000-1300 members online and has been growing so I am looking a bit ahead for future growth as well.

The server currently runs pretty well on the E5520, sometimes it run a bit sluggish but that can probably be corrected by some optimization which I will do when switching over.

Also if there is any other input/suggestions of anything else I should be looking to add, let me know.

thanks!

Reference in http://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html
    I recomend E5520 2.26Ghz, better power efficiency
    Optimize your website
    Cool Wallpaper
    All Android Rom

Comment

I have similar large forum with about the same amount of traffic and heavy usage (about 5500 posts a day) and in my experience processing power and hard disk setup are the most important factors. Fast disks with a good RAID setup is really important. We used SAS 15kRPM hard drives in a RAID-10 configuration.

Comment

Definitely go for the E5520, try to get faster drives if you are running a large database for better performance.
        ■█► WireNine.com Web Hosting 8+ years in business!
        ■█► Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting and VPS Hosting 24/7 Support 99.9% Uptime 60 Day Money Back Guarantee
        ■█► cPanel, Litespeed, CloudFlare, Softaculous, Attracta SEO, Site Builder
        ■█► Find us on Facebook and follow us @wirenine

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X