Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

URLJet is Letting Me Down....recommend a GREAT host please?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URLJet is Letting Me Down....recommend a GREAT host please?

We recently moved to a VPS plan on URLJet, but have had nothing but problems every since. The site was running smoothly prior to the move, but now we're getting all sorts of vBSEO database errors and the site runs painfully slow at times. They're pointing fingers at vBSEO, and vBSEO is pointing right back. I'm caught in the middle.

In any event, I've not been impressed with the level of support from URLJet. I'm the site owner, and quite honestly, I'm not a "techie." I focus mostly on content generation and ad sales, and rely on my Administrator for the "heavy lifting." The dream would be to get a host that I could easily communicate with, and would have a deep understanding of vBulletin 4.x. I'm paying about $110 a month for the VPS I have, so I'm thinking I should be able to get better response time, and better solutions from my host - and not have them turn around and charge me hundreds in "consulting fees" as URLJet has done once and tried to do on other occasions.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

I'm currenting using Servint and I'm very happy with the response times for their support tickets, generally @ 10 - 15 mins.
    I switched over from a shared hosting plan and I'll can honestly say it was well worth the price increase.

Comment

Originally posted by WhatChaMissin View Post
      I'm currenting using Servint and I'm very happy with the response times for their support tickets, generally @ 10 - 15 mins.
      I switched over from a shared hosting plan and I'll can honestly say it was well worth the price increase.
      I've read others recommend this host as well. They have a monthly bandwidth limit, which makes me nervous. Once nice thing about URLJet is we have unlimited bandwidth. That's a pretty quick response time - do they seem to know their way around vBulletin? Can they solve actual problems?

Comment

Originally posted by jbhii View Post
        I've read others recommend this host as well. They have a monthly bandwidth limit, which makes me nervous. Once nice thing about URLJet is we have unlimited bandwidth. That's a pretty quick response time - do they seem to know their way around vBulletin? Can they solve actual problems?
        A monthly bandwidth limit should make you LESS nervous, not more.

There's no such thing as "unlimited bandwidth". Try actually putting that idea to the test and most "unlimited" hosts will suspend your account under their "fair use" policy.

Pick a host that offers a package with enough bandwidth for your needs, and ideally one where the limit can be increased if your needs grow. It's better in the long run.
        MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.0 Demo
        AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
          A monthly bandwidth limit should make you LESS nervous, not more.

There's no such thing as "unlimited bandwidth". Try actually putting that idea to the test and most "unlimited" hosts will suspend your account under their "fair use" policy.

Pick a host that offers a package with enough bandwidth for your needs, and ideally one where the limit can be increased if your needs grow. It's better in the long run.
          OK - makes sense....who do you recommend who can provide REAL vBulletin support when needed?

Comment

OK - makes sense....who do you recommend who can provide REAL vBulletin support when needed?
            Globalgold

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
              They look like they're UK based. I'm in the US. I'm not crazy about the idea of my monthly costs fluctuating based on currency exchange rates. Any US based companies?

Comment

They look like they're UK based. I'm in the US. I'm not crazy about the idea of my monthly costs fluctuating based on currency exchange rates. Any US based companies?
                Well, asmallorange is well thought of, but they were sold to the owner of Hostgator recently, not sure how that will pan out.

Comment

have you tried contacting the owners at urljet?
                  I'm not using them, but I've seen lots of vb admins praise their work
                  -- Web Developer for hire
                  ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

If u look this website
                    http://www.maldiviandigital.com

for you loading and speed test from your regions
                    I can find u same package US$ 50/month
                    for more info send PM or forum contact mvdig

Comment

Originally posted by Loco.M View Post
                      have you tried contacting the owners at urljet?
                      I'm not using them, but I've seen lots of vb admins praise their work
                      Same here... jbhii try the support/1800 number someone will check the tickets and help you out more, it could be a simple issue. I've had clients come to me almost certain the host was to blame when typically it's a small change they recently made intentionally or unintentionally have you done anything recently other than moving to URLJet that could be the cause of this?

Also on another note, some host offer free this and that but to be fair, upgrading, updating styles, replacing custom template edits, comparing templates when merging fails, third party modifications and the whole lot of it is very time consuming so I would not be surprised if some ask for a fee imo that would be fair but I guess it all depends on several things other than my opinion .
                      Last edited by TheLastSuperman; Wed 20th Oct '10, 10:00pm.

Former vBulletin Support Staff
                      Hacked recently? See my blog post "Recovering a Hacked vBulletin Site".
                      Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!

Comment

You can try knownhost.com am hosted there, though their tech team won't say they specialize in vbulletin only. They have fairly good knowledge in php and mysql, so they usually check up my problems quite fast whenever i get them.

Comment

We recently moved to a VPS plan on URLJet, but have had nothing but problems every since. The site was running smoothly prior to the move, but now we're getting all sorts of vBSEO database errors and the site runs painfully slow at times. They're pointing fingers at vBSEO, and vBSEO is pointing right back. I'm caught in the middle.

In any event, I've not been impressed with the level of support from URLJet. I'm the site owner, and quite honestly, I'm not a "techie." I focus mostly on content generation and ad sales, and rely on my Administrator for the "heavy lifting." The dream would be to get a host that I could easily communicate with, and would have a deep understanding of vBulletin 4.x. I'm paying about $110 a month for the VPS I have, so I'm thinking I should be able to get better response time, and better solutions from my host - and not have them turn around and charge me hundreds in "consulting fees" as URLJet has done once and tried to do on other occasions.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Well this can only be one person....And since you've chosen to air the laundry...Lets also clarify that you’re a person trying to load almost a meg of data from their home page, a person that complains that 5 second is too long to load that page, a person running 4.0.7 with traces of earlier vb programs all the way back to 3.6.4 still showing. A person with 164 broken templates, that couldn't have anything to do with VBSEO referring to nonresistant pages.

As long as were mentioning things, let mention that you moved to the vps from our shared hosting after violation our terms of service and dropping more than 25000 unbached and unthrottled emails on shared hosting at 10am in the morning.

We have over 10 hours of research into your sites issues and many emails indicating our findings.

The problem in my mind is you've moved to a vps you want us to step in and fix all these issues as part of the package. I'm sorry your site needs work amounting to several hundreds of dollars and is way beyond any level of normal support. Could we fix it, I think yes, but it’s a custom repair and billable. To date, that has never been discussed.

I hope you do find great hosting as we are no longer it for you.
                          Greg
                          www.urljet.com

Comment

On that note, this thread is closed.
                            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X