My db is around 1.5GB, post table around 650MB
    Threads 2.776, posts 625.522, members around 6.730
    Online users 10-50, guest 20-100
    Visits around 1200 per day
    It is a sport forum about a soccer team, so a lot of reading

On the index page i got
    Page Time: 0,22 seconds Memory: 12,344 KB Queries: 30 Templates: 38
    Server Uptime: 19 days 20 hours 06 mins Server Load: 2.68 : 2.40 : 3.66

The problem is i got a few vb/sql errors about max connections and some Server load spikes around 20-40 !!

Any suggestions? Do i have to move to a vps or change shared hosting company?

TIA
    Last edited by red-dna; Sun 26th Sep '10, 6:57am. Reason: misstype

A good shard hosting company should have no problem handling a load like that. I had more usage than that and have been happily running on URLJet.com hosting without major issue.

Comment

Originally posted by BirdOPrey5 View Post
      A good shard hosting company should have no problem handling a load like that. I had more usage than that and have been happily running on URLJet.com hosting without major issue.
      Maybe no problem running a vB3 forum on a shared host, but I'm having problems with my vB4 site.
      To the OP, you will get dozens of recommendations. The only thing I can recommend is be sure the host you pick has an upgrade path for you.
      If shared doesn't work the next step may be a VPS. Then a dedicated server.
      I like a host that answer a phone call. I know that is not important to others, but it is to me.
      ...steven
      www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
      bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
      "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

You need to move to a decent VPS, you have outgrown your shared host.

Comment

Originally posted by wat3v3r View Post
          You need to move to a decent VPS, you have outgrown your shared host.
          Is that to me?
          I have two sites on separate VPS accounts. My v3 site gets 1200-1500 visitors a day with twice the traffic as my v4 site which is running is experiencing high server loads.
          I was merely suggesting to the original poster to choose a host that he can upgrade and to BirdofPrey5 that what works for v3 may not work for v4.

Edit: To add, my v4 site uses the CMS which is probably causing the high server loads.
          ...steven

Comment

I don't use the CMS, Blogs etc, only the forum software.
            Is it necessary to move to a VPS ? Others say not, others say yes.
            I use to run it in a dedicated server on lunarpages but the problems was the same (or even worst). Many db errors, cpu high usage, and server not responding. I move to JustHost and after a few weeks of smooth operation i have the same problems.
            No new plugins or addons installed, so i don't really know what is causing the problems

Comment

Originally posted by red-dna View Post
              I feel if you are not using the CMS, a shared host will be OK.
              Providing of course they have the minimum requirements.
              I'm just providing my experience with my v4 site that uses the CMS.
              ...steven

Comment

Originally posted by steven s View Post
                Is that to me?
                lol no that was for the red-dna.

Originally posted by red-dna View Post
                I use to run it in a dedicated server on lunarpages but the problems was the same (or even worst). Many db errors, cpu high usage, and server not responding. I move to JustHost and after a few weeks of smooth operation i have the same problems.
                No new plugins or addons installed, so i don't really know what is causing the problems
                JustHost does not have a good image on net apparently.. try looking for some better hosts on webhostingtalks and other such forums. Try using a reliable host, if you still get High CPU usage and other errors you have no option but to move to a VPS.

Comment

You will have no problem as long as the hosting company doesn't oversell and overload there servers..

Comment

shared host can if u need any info pls PM

Comment

You still looking for hosting, or did you find what your looking for? aaraam, are you looking or offering your services?

Comment

Try using VPS. You'll ahve much more control and you'll be able to optimize database as you like.

Comment

You have already tested 'shared'. Whether premium or oversold, shared is always going to act as shared. I mean resources won't be stable with shared. If you are facing problems then you should really move to VPS. It shouldn't cost you much, if you go with the basic VPS - 256mb-512mb ram would be sufficient for now. You can always upgrade to the next level.
                          I would suggest to look for fully managed one. If you need any help, ask me

Comment

What's the url to your site?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X