Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

venturesonline.com's virtual shared plan enough?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • venturesonline.com's virtual shared plan enough?

    OK sorry for a little spamming the boards of 3 posts right after another, but they seem to get answered quicker when the exact question is for the subject. Plus I need a response ASAP as I need to switch with the next 2 days for no down time.

    I am thinking of tranfering my account to venturesonline.com's virtual VR500 plan that offers 500 MBs of space and 20 GBs of monthly bandwidth. I have heard many here say they are good and I am in need of a trusted host after 3 crappy hosts in a row in less than a month. My question is though, will my board (TheForumz.com) be able to survive on a plan with 500 MBs and 20 Gbs a month? I have talked to a few peeps here and I will be removing my picture gallerys, but as far as bandwidth, space and people connected to your forums go, how many real time users can be on my board at the same time, before I need/forced to move to a dedicated server? If somebody that is actually using venturesonline and can speak from experiance that would be great. The last question I have is, are the load times on pages fast? I have found many hosts who fit everything I need exept it seems like their supa fast server is sitting on a 4600 baud modem.

    Any help will be greatly appreciated. The sooner a reply the better. I will prolly be signing up with some host today.

    THANKS!

  • #2
    VO are a really good host, their 500 plan should fit your needs. It will only become a problem when too many users are online at the same time.
    But VO offers also a VR650 plan for which they guarantee that you are on a server with not the usual number of accounts (100-500 depending on the host) but with much less - this is somewhat in between a normal account and a dedicated server. Some hosts offer such accounts...
    More than 10 years experience in building communities!
    Consulting for migration, import, newsletter delivery, stats, adserver, choosing the right software.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by walter
      VO are a really good host, their 500 plan should fit your needs. It will only become a problem when too many users are online at the same time.
      But VO offers also a VR650 plan for which they guarantee that you are on a server with not the usual number of accounts (100-500 depending on the host) but with much less - this is somewhat in between a normal account and a dedicated server. Some hosts offer such accounts...
      I can't seem to find any info on the VR650 plan. Can you give me a URL on where more info can be found? Thanks.

      Comment


      • #4
        http://www.venturesonline.com/hosting/v650.html
        More than 10 years experience in building communities!
        Consulting for migration, import, newsletter delivery, stats, adserver, choosing the right software.

        Comment


        • #5
          Ah many thanks! Hopefully by this time tomorrow my site will be on their servers.

          Comment


          • #6
            jake say VO is good

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Jakeman
              jake say VO is good
              Marc say VO is very good.

              I moved to them Monday and while I'm still waiting for my domain to propogate, the speed I'm getting on the VO IP address for my boards is worlds different and improve than ever before. Awesome!
              Marc James
              Sports Central — Beyond the Scores
              Sports Central Message Boards

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by mjames

                I moved to them Monday and while I'm still waiting for my domain to propogate, the speed I'm getting on the VO IP address for my boards is worlds different and improve than ever before. Awesome!
                You posted this exact same message in my thread =\ now i dont feel special anymore.

                Comment


                • #9
                  VO is working out great for me too.

                  I'm just a little concerned about bandwidth also, because I'm using alot lately.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by eg_92901
                    VO is working out great for me too.

                    I'm just a little concerned about bandwidth also, because I'm using alot lately.
                    look into the hints and faq forum here for bandwidth saving ideas
                    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
                    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
                    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

                    Comment

                    widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X