Hostrocket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hostrocket

Ok.. I read through all the testimonials and i get mixed opinions same with the posts in this forum, which is making my decision to switch to them difficult. I know i need to switch hosts because the one i have now is horrible (read my testimonial and you'll see) because of the mixed opinions i have been looking 3 hosts to switch to:

venturesonline.com
    hostrocket.com (like i stated)
    cwihosting.com

now can anyone give me opinions on these three hosts or just one if thats all you know about them . Thanks.

Oh yeah also does anyone know how much it costs to host extra domains under one account for ventures online.
    Last edited by Goldfinger; Tue 4th Dec '01, 10:06pm.

Venturesonline.com you won't regret it
    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Originally posted by eva2000
      Venturesonline.com you won't regret it

Comment

is that a go for ventures online or a negative jake.

Comment

that's a go... i'm with VO and i like them very much.

Comment

You'll be very happy with VO

Comment

I've used both VO and HR and it's no contest - VO all the way!

As for cwihosting.com, I've read a lot of negative comments about them but I have no experience with them myself.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

VO is recommended
                Do a search for the other ones at http://www.webhostingtalk.com
                More than 10 years experience in building communities!
                Consulting for migration, import, newsletter delivery, stats, adserver, choosing the right software.

Comment

VO seems to be very good... no personal experience with them myself, but they are quite a bit more expensive. I've found HR gives you the most bang for your buck.
                  Marc James
                  Sports Central — Beyond the Scores
                  Sports Central Message Boards

Comment

Very FAST (good) support!

As for cwihosting.com I have also heard a lot of bad things about them. They seem to be CIHost resellers. Search Webhostingtalk.com for cwihosting and especially CIhost and you'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by mjames
                      VO seems to be very good... no personal experience with them myself, but they are quite a bit more expensive. I've found HR gives you the most bang for your buck.
                      Never EVER look at 'bang-for-buck'. I have a friend with HostRocket and for the last week he has been emailing them asking them to change his DNS records and cancel the account (he bought the domain through them). Not once have they replied - they just don't care.

VO are fantastic - I have a server with them - cannot fault them at all.

--James

Comment

Well, its looks like VO doesnt it
                        Email: [email protected]
                        Site: Under Construction

Comment

Originally posted by Jonah
                          Very FAST (good) support!

As for cwihosting.com I have also heard a lot of bad things about them. They seem to be CIHost resellers. Search Webhostingtalk.com for cwihosting and especially CIhost and you'll see.
                          i think alot of you are getting cwihosting and cihost confused. Because cwihosting is a completely different company and offer completely different packages and both have seperate offices. So im gonna do some more research on my own .

Comment

Originally posted by Goldfinger

i think alot of you are getting cwihosting and cihost confused. Because cwihosting is a completely different company and offer completely different packages and both have seperate offices. So im gonna do some more research on my own .
                            they maybe different companies but i read of alot of bad experiences with both.. do a search at webhostingtalk.com
                            :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
                            :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
                            :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Originally posted by WildWayz

Never EVER look at 'bang-for-buck'. I have a friend with HostRocket and for the last week he has been emailing them asking them to change his DNS records and cancel the account (he bought the domain through them). Not once have they replied - they just don't care.

VO are fantastic - I have a server with them - cannot fault them at all.

--James
                              I am certainly not one to go with a host just because they offer a great package. But having good bang for your buck shouldn't be a fault of a host - if a host has it, it's a benefit.

No wonder your friend never got any support - he was using the incorrect way to contact them. The point is made by HR that you should use the Trouble Ticket system and not e-mail. And I can't blame them; using e-mail would give you problems with that many customers.

What really makes me mad is when people start criticizing a host when they are at fault (i.e. complaining at lack of support), yet they are not following the proper procedures.
                              Marc James
                              Sports Central — Beyond the Scores
                              Sports Central Message Boards

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X