Host Rocket Sucks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Host Rocket Sucks!

after 1 month on Host Rocket, I am totally disgusted with them, compromising my credit card, daily reboots without notice, mysql problems, disabling my account without cause, and not giving me a reason other than "excesive server load", and finialy today site was down for 2 hours because "the main breaker triped" what no UPS? I have had it with them.

I need to change imediately, I was thinking of venturesonline, they are around the same price, does anyone have any stories about them?

thanks in advance.

andy

woodsracer.com

i have a dedicated server with Venturesonline.com (VO) and so does several other vB mods and members here

check out this thread too http://vbulletin.com/forum/showthrea...threadid=21342 and a search for venturesonline on this forum for more info

their service and support are awesome
    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

I started with HostRocket and after several excruciating months with them I went to Ventures Online. Couldn't be happier!
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

my thread is so lonely

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=21342

Comment

I was with hostrocket for about three days. I think my site was up for about three hours during that whole fiasco. Support? None existant.

Comment

im for sure moving to ventures online they are quite impressive. I presales question to them and 10 minutes later i hear this beep coming from outlook express. I thought it was a payment i requested from an ebay item i sold but NO! it was the question i asked . talk about quick service .

Comment

Originally posted by smachol
              I started with HostRocket and after several excruciating months with them I went to Ventures Online. Couldn't be happier!
              Do you have a dedicated server or virtual hosting with them?

Comment

Originally posted by Goldfinger

Lol, i'm about to lecture someone on grammar:

Did you have a dedicated server or virtual hosting with them?

I'm sure you can find some of my mistakes too!
                Email: [email protected]
                Site: Under Construction

Comment

Originally posted by Kaizen

Lol, i'm about to lecture someone on grammar:

Did you have a dedicated server or virtual hosting with them?

I'm sure you can find some of my mistakes too!
                  um.. im asking him if he has a dedicated server or virtual hosting with Ventures online not what he had with host rocket. So in MY case it should be do not did.

Guess you didnt read the question very good. Oh and ill be sure to catch your next mistake. So make sure your grammer is perfect .
                  Last edited by Goldfinger; Wed 5th Dec '01, 2:01pm.

Comment

When HostRocket 'lost' my entire website for 39 hours, I opened a virtual account with VO as a backup. After a couple of months I switched over to a dedicated server. On both counts, VO was - and is - a great company to do business with.
                    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

um.. im asking him if he has a dedicated server or virtual hosting with Ventures online not what he had with host rocket. So in MY case it should be do not did.

Guess you didnt read the question very good. Oh and ill be sure to catch your next mistake. So make sure your grammer is perfect .
                      LOL
                      Email: [email protected]wicks.com

Comment

Originally posted by smachol
                        counts,VO was - and is - a great company to do business with.

Yes, I sent a support ticket in and got a response in 10 minutes and added to the ticket about 5 times and all the questions were answered within 10 minutes. I was quite amazed.

I think im going to get a virtual account with them at first till my site gets larger then move to a dedicated server.

Comment

Yesterday I was trying to find a new hosting service. I tried signing up for hostrocket and I kept getting weird error messages. I read some more here and signed up for CWI Hosting. Now I get an email today from HostRocket saying my account is set up. So now I got to cancel my account with them because I have two hosting services. Another thing, I have waited all day to hear from CWI about installing my vbulletin. I am sure when they do they will ask for some info. Then if they even install it for me I got to wait another day to hear from them and prolly another for them to set it up. I hear setting up the vbulletin is pretty easy, yet i am a newbie and dont know how to do it. Argh. I am inpatient.

Comment

i had the $25 a month virtual server with HR for 3 months. there was always intermitant downtime (not nearly as bad as some people describe though). then their DNS server lost its RAID one day and my site was down 50% of the time for a few days. i went back to my hostpro acct that i had maintained after i switched to HR (just in case). a month later i went to the VO dedi #1 w/512MB RAM. I split it with another person so i only have to pay $100 a month instead of $200. haven't had any probs with VO in the... umm... 5 months i've been with them.

Comment

Originally posted by NjEcTiOn
                              Yesterday I was trying to find a new hosting service. I tried signing up for hostrocket and I kept getting weird error messages. I read some more here and signed up for CWI Hosting. Now I get an email today from HostRocket saying my account is set up. So now I got to cancel my account with them because I have two hosting services. Another thing, I have waited all day to hear from CWI about installing my vbulletin. I am sure when they do they will ask for some info. Then if they even install it for me I got to wait another day to hear from them and prolly another for them to set it up. I hear setting up the vbulletin is pretty easy, yet i am a newbie and dont know how to do it. Argh. I am inpatient.
                              Make sure you email them to cancel it straigh away - dont want them to withdraw your lovely money .

The vbulletin install is fairly easy - I have done it many times.
                              Email: [email protected]

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X