X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anthonyparsons
    replied
    Originally posted by Abomination View Post
    I used host gator, we would get too many connection errors with 100 people online, and thousands of 'my sql server has gone away' emails. I'm not sure how you are up and running with no errors.
    First and only post from said person... can we all say SPAM! Hmmm... yummy, SPAM! Yuk...

Leave a comment:

• Abomination
    replied
    Originally posted by afreelan View Post
    I am using the $8/month unlimited hosting from hostgator. I knew that I would have to upgrade once I got any real traffic, but the idea was to start out slowly. That was the idea, until Friday when the site owner mentioned us on the BS Report (ESPN/Bill Simmons' podcast), and Simmons plugged us on Twitter. Soon after I had 2200 users online at one time. I didn't have a single problem. No DB errors, no slow down, nothing. We've been plugging away ever since at 300-400 users online at any given time. Still no problems. Not one. I realize that my DB isn't the size of most of yours and that very soon I will have to go to vps, but for anyone just starting out I would HIGHLY recommend hostgator.
    I used host gator, we would get too many connection errors with 100 people online, and thousands of 'my sql server has gone away' emails. I'm not sure how you are up and running with no errors.

Leave a comment:

• Micronichos
    replied
    I'm very happy with Servint Essential VPS :-)

Leave a comment:

• afreelan
    replied
    I am using the $8/month unlimited hosting from hostgator. I knew that I would have to upgrade once I got any real traffic, but the idea was to start out slowly. That was the idea, until Friday when the site owner mentioned us on the BS Report (ESPN/Bill Simmons' podcast), and Simmons plugged us on Twitter. Soon after I had 2200 users online at one time. I didn't have a single problem. No DB errors, no slow down, nothing. We've been plugging away ever since at 300-400 users online at any given time. Still no problems. Not one. I realize that my DB isn't the size of most of yours and that very soon I will have to go to vps, but for anyone just starting out I would HIGHLY recommend hostgator.

Leave a comment:

• myths
    replied
    urljet is not cheap but is best

Leave a comment:

• lucky51
    replied
    shinjiru.com is best in my opinion i have 2 vbulletin forums hosted on one shared account
    with a current static of
    Currently Active Users: 461 (43 members and 418 guests)
    second forum
    Currently Active Users: 45 (10 members and 35 guests)

* it's not peak time

i started with their standard plan (59.00 $ / year) 3 years ago , and just upgraded to Enterprise plan last month (149$ annually )
    they are offshore
    i tried few other host as well but shinjiru is best for me so far . support is fast enough for me .

Leave a comment:

• Scott
    replied
    Don't know what your budget is but I've been with Liquidweb for years and very happy with their service and support.

Leave a comment:

• Jedito
    replied
    Originally posted by komin View Post
    Hi,
    We provide list of the world top 10 best web host providers. Please check our site: http://www.worldtophost.com/
    Thank you.
    That's nothing but another top list based on affiliate program payments. It worth nothing.

Leave a comment:

• jeffinj
    replied
    Originally posted by valerie View Post
    I'm with urljet and at this moment, my forum has been down for OVER an hour...and
    I have not received a reply to my support ticket about it being down.

Often the forum loads very slowwwwwww.

I only went with urljet because it was suggested here and the idea of free installs
    was appealing. But I am going to have to find hosting else where. To pay what
    urljet charges which is almost $100 per month and the forum loads slow or goes
    down constantly and now over an hour down and not even so much as a reply...
    I'd be stupid to continue their hosting...it functions worse than $10 shared hosting.
    I've not had problems. For me they are pretty good. There has a very few instances I didn't get a solution as fast as I expected but they would always respond immediately and keep me updated. I'm one of their really happy customers and I'll promote them as long as they keep me happy.

Leave a comment:

• komin
    replied
    Hi,
    We provide list of the world top 10 best web host providers. Please check our site: http://www.worldtophost.com/
    Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• valerie
    replied
    I'm with urljet and at this moment, my forum has been down for OVER an hour...and
    I have not received a reply to my support ticket about it being down.

Often the forum loads very slowwwwwww.

I only went with urljet because it was suggested here and the idea of free installs
    was appealing. But I am going to have to find hosting else where. To pay what
    urljet charges which is almost $100 per month and the forum loads slow or goes
    down constantly and now over an hour down and not even so much as a reply...
    I'd be stupid to continue their hosting...it functions worse than $10 shared hosting.

Leave a comment:

• ryan1918
    replied
    What is your budget?

Leave a comment:

• CK
    replied
    VidaHost

Leave a comment:

• kiran1
    replied
    For the best web hosting services,
    you may visit this site http://www.xnynz.com/
    It has the new ideas for hosting!!!

Leave a comment:

• Jedito
    replied
    Originally posted by KProjects View Post
    Any resellers or ppl with multiple domains (i have about 50 - only about 15-20 in use) use urljet? What are your shared server loads? I see they have a 24.95/mo account but no mention of how many domains you're allowed to have.. cpanel or other system?

Thanks!
    You may be more confortable in a reseller package, you can get a good one for the same price.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X