X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please command my plan hosting

basic hosting and share hosting
    $39.95/year

this plan running well until my forum visitors getting more than 1500/day. (90%+ come from search engine)
    do i must upgrade my web plan to vps 1 plan

$29.95
    • 512 MB Dedicated Memory DOUBLE RAM
    • 1024 MB Swap
    • 30 GB Disk Space
    • 200 GB Bandwidth
    • 2 Dedicated IPs

cpanel $9.9

the different price so high
    my current income about USD40/month.
    the best Forum You Ever See. Best style and Best Index www.nusantaraku.org

i need to make a link with you, do u need to make a link with my forum? together we achieve more

Just because you get more visitors doesn't mean you have to upgrade. Post a server optimization request in the Server Configuration forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Ak Worm View Post
      Just because you get more visitors doesn't mean you have to upgrade. Post a server optimization request in the Server Configuration forum.
      thanks
      but what i think is, there are another customers with overload process on his/her web.

how many users could cover with that vps1 ?
      anyone know?

thanks.

i need to make a link with you, do u need to make a link with my forum? together we achieve more

Comment

You have good stuff, your server shouldn't have any load problems at all.

Comment

1500 visitors are probably the limit you can expect on a small shared hosting. I guess you will be having around 100 visitors online at the peak.

Your current income of $40 per month is way too low for your traffic. Let me just assume that you are using adsense and you get a CTR of 0.50%(okay for forums), average user visits 6-7 pages. We will consider an average income of 15 cents. All the auumptions above are reasonable - but need not be accurate. It all depends on the quality of your traffic.

So you have around 10000 page views, 50 clicks(0.50%) and $7.50($0.15 per click) income per day. That would mean $225 income per month. Actually if you have quality traffic, the income can be much more than this.

Obviously you need to monitize the site better. First findout where it is lacking and then optimize. Paying $30-$40 for such a site is never too much.

Originally posted by badawidollah View Post
          basic hosting and share hosting
          $39.95/year

this plan running well until my forum visitors getting more than 1500/day. (90%+ come from search engine)
          do i must upgrade my web plan to vps 1 plan

$29.95
          • 512 MB Dedicated Memory DOUBLE RAM
          • 1024 MB Swap
          • 30 GB Disk Space
          • 200 GB Bandwidth
          • 2 Dedicated IPs

cpanel $9.9

the different price so high
          my current income about USD40/month.
          Hosting Coupons: Hostmonster @ $3.95 and 20% off Mediatemple

Comment

Originally posted by alemcherry View Post
            1500 visitors are probably the limit you can expect on a small shared hosting. I guess you will be having around 100 visitors online at the peak.

Your current income of $40 per month is way too low for your traffic. Let me just assume that you are using adsense and you get a CTR of 0.50%(okay for forums), average user visits 6-7 pages. We will consider an average income of 15 cents. All the auumptions above are reasonable - but need not be accurate. It all depends on the quality of your traffic.

So you have around 10000 page views, 50 clicks(0.50%) and $7.50($0.15 per click) income per day. That would mean $225 income per month. Actually if you have quality traffic, the income can be much more than this.

Obviously you need to monitize the site better. First findout where it is lacking and then optimize. Paying $30-$40 for such a site is never too much.

thanks
            my income from company who put adv in my forum.
            today i got 3 new adv.

Comment

Originally posted by badawidollah View Post
              thanks
              my income from company who put adv in my forum.
              today i got 3 new adv.
              Getting new advertisers is always a smart thing. Also, you may put a "donate" button atop your forum. You would be surprised at how many people will feel happy about helping out with $10 here or there. It can make a big difference in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Grunt76 View Post
                Getting new advertisers is always a smart thing. Also, you may put a "donate" button atop your forum. You would be surprised at how many people will feel happy about helping out with $10 here or there. It can make a big difference in the end.
                thanks Grunt76
                i`ll looking for mods/hack for "donate"

Comment

my host suspended my account
                  they ask me to delete some of scripts because its abuse
                  so many scripts i use for vbulletin mods.

or
                  they ask me to upgrade plan (USD39.x/monthly)

so i choose to remove some mods
                  now i account open again
                  my web running well now

i cant put donation scripts.

thanks for info
                  maybe i`ll put it after i upgrade my forum server

Comment

are you kidding? your host want to kick you because 1500/day traffic?

Comment

Get MORE RAM then if your site is starting to show load.

Comment

That is really expensive you can find the same vps for $10 a month with them same specs, try searching around.

Comment

Use shared hosting that cost 10-15$ per month.
                          MobilePhoneTalk.Com - Mobile Phone Community Powered By EuroVPS.Com

Comment

Originally posted by rajubd View Post
                            Use shared hosting that cost 10-15$ per month.
                            Yes but most huge companies won't allow him if he's hogging up cpu/ram you have to get a smaller company that actually cares about it's clients, and makes room for people, like I do, I don't put a number on someone.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X