Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need suggestions on what my needs are for new hosting co?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need suggestions on what my needs are for new hosting co?

Hello, I started small and have shared Hostgator but Im constantly getting the max_connections db error and they keep telling me its processes running with vB software so I need to switch and fast. Could anyone suggest what/who I need based on the following?

55,000 Threads
    540,000 Posts
    10,000 members (gain 20-30 daily)
    Usually have 250-350 users online with most ever being 540.
    Jan. used 76 GB bandwidth
    And so far for this month:
    Disk Space Usage 1844.59MB

Monthly Transfer 17766.96MB

I want cPanel and dont know much on VPS. Would appreciate suggestions.
    Last edited by doubler0204; Tue 9 Feb '10, 6:36am.

Suggest you get in touch with the people at urljet - they do nothing but host vB and can move your site for free.... I host all my vb's with them.

Comment

I did email them and they suggest a $140 package. Why is it I need to go from $10 mo that handled my needs up til 30 days ago, to a $140 mo package? Is there not anything more affordable for the time being that anyone would suggest?

Thanks

Comment

Are you sure it was $140 month and not $140/yr? I pay around that per yr with them for my forums.

Comment

Positive. The email reply from them said I need VPS3 and according to their site, its $140 MONTHLY.

http://www.urljet.com/performance-vps-hosting.php

I emailed them the exact above stats as in my first post.

Comment

Check MediaTemple and their GridService (gs) hosting. $20 a month, really good, best support in the world and amazing portfolio.

Comment

Originally posted by doubler0204 View Post
              Positive. The email reply from them said I need VPS3 and according to their site, its $140 MONTHLY.

http://www.urljet.com/performance-vps-hosting.php

I emailed them the exact above stats as in my first post.
              I believe it would be worth it to at least email servint.net and see what they thought.

We moved from Hostgator shared to their $49/m package and it has been fantastic. No more MySQL or max connection errors Your forum is about 5x busier than ours, but our server loads are almost always below 0.10, usually 0.05 or less.

I am quite surprised you are running as well as you are on HG shared.

Comment

Urljet may cost you more, but there is many reasons why. Your requirements are quite high, that is probably why you were quoted for a high performance VPS package.

Urljet offer dedicated vbulletin hosting, unlike any other company you can expect free upgrades, mod installations, hourly backups and much more. They do not run slow Apache webservers, all accounts come with LiteSpeed which is approximately 6 times faster. I have my vBulletin running with APC Cache and MemCache, so while many people think running vBulletin 4.0 is slow, I can honestly say it's just as quick as vB3 series.

I moved to them, and that was one of the best moves I have ever made.

Comment

Originally posted by syrus.xl View Post
                  Urljet may cost you more, but there is many reasons why. Your requirements are quite high, that is probably why you were quoted for a high performance VPS package.

Urljet offer dedicated vbulletin hosting, unlike any other company you can expect free upgrades, mod installations, hourly backups and much more. They do not run slow Apache webservers, all accounts come with LiteSpeed which is approximately 6 times faster. I have my vBulletin running with APC Cache and MemCache, so while many people think running vBulletin 4.0 is slow, I can honestly say it's just as quick as vB3 series.

I moved to them, and that was one of the best moves I have ever made.

I understand that they are the mother of all hosting for vB but for now I'd like to EASE into that. I just dont see how I have to go from $10 bucks a month to $140 bucks a month in order for it to "work." I will most definitely move to Urljet but would like a stepping stone til funds are better.

Comment

I did email them and they suggest a $140 package. Why is it I need to go from $10 mo that handled my needs up til 30 days ago, to a $140 mo package? Is there not anything more affordable for the time being that anyone would suggest?

Thanks
                    http://knownhost.com/vpshosting.html

They do everyhting for you!

Comment

Eurovps.com offer 40$ for 512 vps
                      MobilePhoneTalk.Com - Mobile Phone Community Powered By EuroVPS.Com

Comment

You will need a good VPS or even better a mid level dedicated server. Your site is too big for a shared host. 250-350 users online with peak of 540 is no small traffic. You should be thankful to hostgator for hosting you till now. With this kind of traffic, you should be able to make at least $30 per day via adsense and should be able to pay for a decent hosting. If you are not making enough money, optimize your ads / change your monitizing methods.
                        Hosting Coupons: Hostmonster @ $3.95 and 20% off Mediatemple

Comment

We are using for our WordPress forum cheap vps from http://onexenvps.com I found that OpenVZ is not stable platform for forum only XEN VPS or dedicated server

Comment

Originally posted by alemcherry View Post
                            You will need a good VPS or even better a mid level dedicated server. Your site is too big for a shared host. 250-350 users online with peak of 540 is no small traffic. You should be thankful to hostgator for hosting you till now. With this kind of traffic, you should be able to make at least $30 per day via adsense and should be able to pay for a decent hosting. If you are not making enough money, optimize your ads / change your monitizing methods.
                            I wish I was making $30 a day with Adsense!

I have already had to upgrade ServInt because I was using 100% CPU most of the day. I may go on to URLJet if I dont see an outstanding difference.

Comment

I wish I was making $30 a day with Adsense!

I have already had to upgrade ServInt because I was using 100% CPU most of the day. I may go on to URLJet if I dont see an outstanding difference.
                              If you are going to try both urljet and servint for you site, I would be very interested in your feedback as to how they compare from a performance and price standpoint. In theory with lightspeed it could be possible that a less expensive package could work.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X