powweb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• powweb

Is anyone using or have used Powweb hosting?

Just curious on their service.

thanks.

You might want to avoid anyone promising you unlimited space and/or bandwidth. Just take a while to think how that might be possible.
    Oppressed.

Comment

Unlimited hosting is not always bad, a few web hosts are doing it the right way and most abuse the terms to give it a bad reputation. Sure it's a marketing gimmick, but if done right there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. But if you have a large forum that may be resource intensive, you might want to avoid shared hosting altogether.
      ■█► WireNine.com Web Hosting 8+ years in business!
      ■█► Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting and VPS Hosting 24/7 Support 99.9% Uptime 60 Day Money Back Guarantee
      ■█► cPanel, Litespeed, CloudFlare, Softaculous, Attracta SEO, Site Builder
      ■█► Find us on Facebook and follow us @wirenine

Comment

Originally posted by royo View Post
        You might want to avoid anyone promising you unlimited space and/or bandwidth. Just take a while to think how that might be possible.
        There are hosts that offer unlimited space/bandwidth and still give good uptime. Obviously they monitor the CPU usage and keep out bigger sites. Overselling is part of the game and that alone should not stop you from selecting a host.

But my info about powweb is not good, I guess there are better hosts around.
        Hosting Coupons: Hostmonster @ $3.95 and 20% off Mediatemple

Comment

AVOID! AVOID! AVOID!

I was a Powweb customer for countless years. They use to do their own hosting managing, but after 2005, they started overselling, and got to big of a consumer base.

I told their tech how to fix their servers and ultimately got tired of being free employee and took my hosting else where.
          Last edited by fufu; Tue 16 Mar '10, 11:06am.

Comment

Never used them, but it appears that they are a piece of ****.
            Use URLJet, ServInt or StartLogic to host a site.
            That's it. If you REALLY can't say ANYTHING nice to me at all on this forum, then I am going to go insanely mad at you. I've had enough of the UNTOLD ABUSE you are all giving me and you should really be CONSIDERATE of other people.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X