Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need New Host ASAP! Reccomendations Appreciated!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• taffy056
    replied
    Originally posted by SecondV View Post
    Strange. Never had any of those problems. My tickets have never taken longer than an hour unless it was a sales question and sales was closed for the day. They do support .co.uk as well, I have a friend who hosts with them and it does just fine.
    They say the support .co.uk addresses, but they have no way to transfer these domains over to them, when I raised a ticket on the 07/12/09 about this, it took them until the 09/12/09 to reply, and then it was a the wrong answer to my enquiry ! I had enough of them by then as I expect much more from a hosting company, so I requested to cancel my account and get a refund of money paid under their 30 day no quibble guarantee, it being the 13/12/09 today I still got no reply at all from them, they supposed to be offering 24/7 support!

Honestly they are the worst hosting company I have ever dealt with, even 1&1 are better

Leave a comment:

• SecondV
    replied
    Strange. Never had any of those problems. My tickets have never taken longer than an hour unless it was a sales question and sales was closed for the day. They do support .co.uk as well, I have a friend who hosts with them and it does just fine.

Originally posted by taffy056 View Post
    Can I just say that this company is simply awful, they take 2 - 3 days to answer simple questions in their tickets, and they do not support .co.uk & .org.uk domains, despite them saying they do, I have had to open a claim with Paypal to get a refund of my money with them, even though they got a money back guarantee - my advice is to stay well away!

Leave a comment:

• taffy056
    replied
    Originally posted by SecondV View Post
    I'd throw www.jaguarpc.com into the mix Great host, especially for VPS - they're having a sale atm since it's their 11th year in business.
    Can I just say that this company is simply awful, they take 2 - 3 days to answer simple questions in their tickets, and they do not support .co.uk & .org.uk domains, despite them saying they do, I have had to open a claim with Paypal to get a refund of my money with them, even though they got a money back guarantee - my advice is to stay well away!

Leave a comment:

• ChopSuey
    replied
    www.justhost.com

Leave a comment:

• syrus.xl
    replied
    I would recommend you take a look at www.urljet.com - they will migrate your account from your current host to their servers for free. On top of that they specialize in vBulletin hosting, and provide an excellent support service, this includes even updating vBulletin for you. Apart from the aforementioned they also provide you with hosting using LiteSpeed instead of Apache, which will give any PHP based website a huge speed increase.

My sites run on a VPS with urljet, and are never down - also depending on which package you go for they will also provide PHP accelerators as well, I use APC Cache, MemCache for vBulletin - with pages loading instantly!

Worth considering if you need a new host quickly.

Leave a comment:

• RaceJunkie
    replied
    Originally posted by maximutt View Post
    For rock solid stability and dependability that won't break the bank, your best bet is to go with a VPS solution from a reputable host. I would highly recommend KnownHost or ServInt and if you ask, they will both transfer your sites over for you for free.

Good luck!
    I can 2nd this one. I have been with Knownhost for 4yrs.. Check out there reviews on WHT you will not be disappointed.. Are there cheaper host out there? Sure but you get what you pay for, IMO..

Good Luck

Leave a comment:

• icarusforde
    replied
    Mediatemple.

http://www.mediatemple.net

Been using them for ages, never had a problem

Leave a comment:

• ozzy47
    replied
    I would recommend http://wehostithere.net/ they have been very reliable!!

Leave a comment:

• SecondV
    replied
    I'd throw www.jaguarpc.com into the mix Great host, especially for VPS - they're having a sale atm since it's their 11th year in business.

Leave a comment:

• Loco.M
    replied
    I wouldn't go with the first offer you see
    look around, you don't want to change host again in a month

Leave a comment:

• maximutt
    replied
    Originally posted by locachica View Post
    Thanks !! Anyone know how long it takes to transfer I cant be down long some other site is BLATANTLy copying me.. EEK now thats another problem heh
    VPS hosts generally take at least 24 hours to set up an account so your best bet is to contact them right away. It also doesn't hurt if you ask them to expedite your account setup.

Leave a comment:

• terryfavors
    replied
    I been using this one for 11 years with no complaints!

http://a1-hosting.com/pricing.html

Leave a comment:

• jtech77
    replied
    Originally posted by maximutt View Post
    For rock solid stability and dependability that won't break the bank, your best bet is to go with a VPS solution from a reputable host. I would highly recommend KnownHost or ServInt and if you ask, they will both transfer your sites over for you for free.

Good luck!
    Thanks !! Anyone know how long it takes to transfer I cant be down long some other site is BLATANTLy copying me.. EEK now thats another problem heh

Leave a comment:

• Loco.M
    replied
    I would suggest checking at a site like webhostingtalk.com to get honest reviews from others who have used any host you may be thinking about.

Leave a comment:

• maximutt
    replied

Good luck!

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X