Need a host, help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a host, help!

I bought vBulletin about a week ago and my site has really taken off and my current hosting is 1&1. I'm sure most of you know that 1&1 only allows 100MB per Database which is ridiculously small.. I've already used 15MB in just one weeks time. Does anyone know of a reliable host who doesn't limit their SQL Databases like 1&1?

Thanks for the help!

If you want a good host, go to StartLogic.com.

I like them, very reliable. And fast servers and large hard disks
    That's it. If you REALLY can't say ANYTHING nice to me at all on this forum, then I am going to go insanely mad at you. I've had enough of the UNTOLD ABUSE you are all giving me and you should really be CONSIDERATE of other people.

Comment

what situation are you?... using 15Mb in one week, normal, vBulletin takes about 12Mb on install... if you have 100Mb, simply put the attachments, avatars and pictures in your file system instead of the database, you will save 90% of your database...

btw if your site is images hungry, you will have to check for a solid host, shared accounts will not do.
      oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

Comment

shared accounts will be fine if managed correctly and not over sold.
        Simple Straight Forward EU cPanel vBulletin Web Hosting Provider.

Comment

Originally posted by WEBDosser View Post
          shared accounts will be fine if managed correctly and not over sold.
          yeap, but that has nothing to do with the client... the hosts are without feelings... lol
          oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

Comment

nexialys, you must have had some bad experiences in your past, i host and i care.
            Simple Straight Forward EU cPanel vBulletin Web Hosting Provider.

Comment

My signature says who I am happy with.
              www.christianforumsite.com
              sigpic

Comment

I would check out URLJet.com. I've been with them for over a year and have impressed with support and response to my questions. They pretty much manage the software end for me including upgrades, plugins installs, etc. I think migration is free as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaheen View Post
                  I would check out URLJet.com. I've been with them for over a year and have impressed with support and response to my questions. They pretty much manage the software end for me including upgrades, plugins installs, etc. I think migration is free as well.
                  Urljet seems to be the 'missing link' between hosting providers and vb.com.

Based on their page they will even install vB on other hosting accounts.

Comment

There are a number of good hosts out there.

Hostgator gets lots of great reviews.

DownTownHost offers shared hosting and VPS. It gets good ratings, and has very good prices.

UrlJet is more expensive, but everyone who goes with them seems pleased.

Check 'em out!

Comment

there are lots of hosting companies avail if u need hosting assistance just reach here and get clear picture http://www.tucktail.com/

Comment

I'm not sure anyone should be clicking on that link - that was his first post.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X