Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Next step up from Host Gator to VPS, advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by swiftor View Post
    Hostgator now has a VPS solution, so I'm taking a look into that. Fascinating discussion above btw!
    I remember this thread!

We just switched from HG shared to servINT vps last week. I am really glad we choose them.

It is a whole nuther level. The stats show 1.5 GB of ram available, although ony about 1/2 that is guaranteed we can indeed use that. Server loads are near 0.0, response speed is now instantaneous. I surfed the HG forums for a few weeks and they could not even tell me what came pre-installed on the vps

Comment

If you do not do any thing heavy. I recommend for a VPS server. http://www.slicehost.com Their system is automatic and you can upgrade or any thing with out taking down your server and it only takes minutes before you get access to your slice. I recommend the first 2-3 options. After that its more logical to get a Dedicated server for that price.

Edit: Slicehost is owned by rackspace so it is highly recommended.

Comment

I use JaguarPC.com for one of my sites that is medium sized and uses VPS.

Good price, and been good at support for the past two years.
        Running vB since 4-14-2002

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X