Leave a comment:

• wilczek
    replied
    Avoid global gold

Originally posted by Kadi View Post
    I got the same msg as well.
    AVOID AVOID AVOID

• Jon McFarlane Anyones FTP working ?Saturday at 18:02 · Like

• Jon McFarlane Laborious Support ticket filled in - NOW WAITING !!!!!!!!! Note - I filled in a laborious support ticket because there is no phone or email or chat support with these guys - Also - Its clear they do not check facebook or provide any kind of monitoring whatsoever - I will report back if they ever fix the issue - In the hope, they see my ticket and my site is up long enough for them to fix it 11 hours ago · Like

• Jon McFarlane So - How long does it take to respond to a Support ticket on a Monday morning - Or to check your Facebook account ?5 hours ago · Like

• Jon McFarlane Yes - All - Confirmed - Ticket service is completely pointless5 hours ago · Like

• Jon McFarlane Nowt back from them yet and FTP still not working4 hours ago · Like

• Jon McFarlane ‎9 hours since my 1st post and since i logged a support request - NADA - And my FTP is still not working - Thanks Global Giold - For nothing - As usual - Perhaps tomorrow your round the clock support will be with us !!2 hours ago · Like

• Jon McFarlane Global Gold clock for sale - Works round the clockabout a minute ago · Like

Leave a comment:

• Kadi
    replied
    Originally posted by MattyAsia View Post
    Not sure about what to say about this if it's so good?

http://www.globalgold.co.uk/

<title>403 Forbidden</title>
    Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.
    Apache/2.2.11 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8e PHP/5.2.9 Server at www.globalgold.co.uk Port 80
    I got the same msg as well.

Leave a comment:

• inbeforethelock
    replied
    Working fine for me too. I wonder if your IP is blocked for some reason.

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    Originally posted by MattyAsia View Post
    Not sure about what to say about this if it's so good?<br /><br />http://www.globalgold.co.uk/<br /><br />&lt;title&gt;403 Forbidden&lt;/title&gt;<br />Forbidden<br /><br /> You don't have permission to access / on this server.<br /> Apache/2.2.11 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8e PHP/5.2.9 Server at www.globalgold.co.uk Port 80
    Working fine here.

Leave a comment:

• MattyAsia
    replied
    Not sure about what to say about this if it's so good?

http://www.globalgold.co.uk/

<title>403 Forbidden</title>
    Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.
    Apache/2.2.11 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8e PHP/5.2.9 Server at www.globalgold.co.uk Port 80

Leave a comment:

• Bizstudent
    replied
    Originally posted by Mark.B View Post

Shouldn't make any difference - they have clients all over the world.

Drop Tim an email for reassurance though, he'll explain it better than I can.

In reverse, I am in the UK but before Globalgold I used two very good hosts in the US and Canada, no problems there.
    Which host did you use in Canada?
    and thx for your reply

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    Originally posted by Bizstudent View Post
    If your users are in North America, would this still be recommended? or it solely for users in U.K.<br /><br />I mean, would this use up more bandwidth or slow down the website?

Shouldn't make any difference - they have clients all over the world.

Drop Tim an email for reassurance though, he'll explain it better than I can.

In reverse, I am in the UK but before Globalgold I used two very good hosts in the US and Canada, no problems there.

Leave a comment:

• Bizstudent
    replied
    If your users are in North America, would this still be recommended? or it solely for users in U.K.

I mean, would this use up more bandwidth or slow down the website?

Leave a comment:

• inbeforethelock
    replied
    Im also with GlobalGold, and they've been great. Excellent customer support and my site is consistently running well, never get any slow periods, and this is on a shared host.

Leave a comment:

• wii
    replied
    My sites have not been down at all in the time I have been with Globalgold, the emails are always answered, even if I write a sunday, so don't worry.

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    Originally posted by harrysmith View Post
    Seems Global Gold is a good web host !!! Need to check their tern around time and uptime guarantee, though i always prefer to go with a host who serves their clients round the clock 24x7 Live chat is my favorite feature which i always look for,
    Globalgold isn't technically there 24/7, though every time I've emailed them out of hours they have actually got back to me.

To be honest though, the chances of problems are really slim indeed. I'm not sure what the uptime guarantee is, but six months out of seven my situptime.com report has come through at 100%, the only time it didn't it was 99.8% and that was because Tim was upgrading something on the server (planned maintenance).

Leave a comment:

• harrysmith
    replied
    Seems Global Gold is a good web host !!! Need to check their tern around time and uptime guarantee, though i always prefer to go with a host who serves their clients round the clock 24x7 Live chat is my favorite feature which i always look for,

Leave a comment:

• wii
    replied
    Glad you like it, it's one of those few hosts where once you have been setup, it just works.

Leave a comment:

• Mark The Cabby
    replied
    I have also just started my forum using Global Gold and i'm very impressed with them...

Mark...

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X