Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1GB Monthly / Bandwidth for 20000 daily users, Do I need more?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1GB Monthly / Bandwidth for 20000 daily users, Do I need more?

Hi, I have a few games fansite with more than 6000 daily users, This numbrer are increasing everyday, and I want to be prepared to 20000+ daily users.
    Is time to change from a shared hosting to a Fully managed dedicated server, I dont really know if 1000gb of mo/bandwidth will be prety enough.
    We dont have downloads or big images, just lot of talking people.
    Also if you can recomend me how many ram do I need.

Optional to help me more: If some one here have a big forum, please, tell me (aprox) how many daily users do your forum have, and the hosting name/plan, ram, montly Bandwidth do you have contract and how good it goes?

PD; Thanks for your time reading me and sorry for my poor english.
    Last edited by luichi; Wed 29 Jul '09, 6:45am.

You're gonna need more for that amount of members. The planet has a great deal ACT NOW. 10 Terabyte free upgrade vBulletin.com is hosted there.

Comment

one of my sites got the same amount of daily users and it uses around the 350-400 GB. 1 GB is no way enough to handel your users traffic in one day.
      while(true){
      if(
      $someone->needsHelp() && $i->canHelp()) $post->help();
      if(
      $i->findBug()) $post->bug();
      }

Comment

Originally posted by luichi View Post
        Hi, I have a few games fansite with more than 6000 daily users, This numbrer are increasing everyday, and I want to be prepared to 20000+ daily users.
        Is time to change from a shared hosting to a Fully managed dedicated server, I dont really know if 1gb of mo/bandwidth will be prety enough.
        We dont have downloads or big images, just lot of talking people.
        Also if you can recomend me how many ram do I need.

Optional to help me more: If some one here have a big forum, please, tell me (aprox) how many daily users do your forum have, and the hosting name/plan, ram, montly Bandwidth do you have contract and how good it goes?

PD; Thanks for your time reading me and sorry for my poor english.
        Dedicated Server comes with minimum 1000 GB monthly bandwidth depending on the provider you choose. Bandwidth won't be an issue here however you need to decide on server specs as per no. of concurrent connections, Files and Database size you have.
        Website Hosting | VPS Hosting | Dedicated Hosting
        Email & MSN: [email protected]

Comment

Sorry my bad, I wanted to say 1000gb of monthly bandwidth.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X