Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for new vBulletin host

Hey Guys,

I have been hosting vBulletin on a shared server up until now, however am now experiencing a great deal of database crashes a day due to the popularity of the forum.

The crashes are occuring due to my account on the shared server being permitted to have only 35 active simultaneous MySQL queries.

My host has said I likely need a dedicated server, but at $140 a month, this is way out of my price range unfortunately!

Can anyone else suggest what I can do? Do I definitly need a dedicated, or would a VPS suffice, and possibly be cheaper?

As an example of the stats of my forum, here is a copy of the stats as they are right now:

Currently Active Users: 510 (356 members and 154 guests) Threads: 3,351, Posts: 259,618, Members: 1,695

However, as the site is about a TV show, on show days the amount of visitors can hit 1,650.

Thanks in advance for any advice anyone can give, and if you can recommend any hosts please feel free

Do you have many addons on your forums? A VPS could work, but it would probably go around 50$ or more depending on management.
    Oppressed.

Comment

New to vBulletin but would recommend http://www.globalgold.co.uk/dedicate...m_hosting.html

Have given me an excellent service

Comment

I definitely recommend Global Gold.

There customer service is excellent. Speedy and helpful. I setup my vBulletin with global gold a couple weeks ago and have been in constant communication with them as I am not an "expert" when it comes to hosting and vbulletin.

I set up a domain through Global Gold, they setup everything for me (vBulletin included), then decided to change the name of my website (they moved everything for me). I have had numerous questions throughout the day and night that have always been answered in a timely fashion.

There is no way I would be where I am now without there customer service.

Comment

Originally posted by royo View Post
          Do you have many addons on your forums? A VPS could work, but it would probably go around 50$ or more depending on management.
          That would be a fair price, I would be looking at a maximum budget of around $70 a month (even though this is 10 x what I am paying now, I am able to subsidise this thanks to google adsense).

I have a few mods added, like an arcade, a shoutbox and a points hack (where users earn points everytime they post.)

Thanks for all of the advise so far everyone!

Steve

Comment

Try http://www.oxxus.net
            Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum
            Come and talk sports all day long

Comment

Just so people know, this is all sorted now, thanks to the fantastic service from Global Gold!

Awesome stuff, thanks to everyone who gave me their advice.

Comment

Have you not been making enough money from Ads Steve to pay for a dedicated host

Comment

I make enough money off the ads to cover like half of the fees, but I wouldn't say I make enough monthly to cover almost $150 a month, particularly with my site being in its traditional "Summer Slump" at the moment lol.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X