Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yfiles
    replied
    Never heard about Gate.com I must say. I have been using PowWeb for a while now and I'm happy with their service. LunarPages and GoDaddy are good too, but PowWeb costs less money.

Leave a comment:

• amjadz4
    replied
    Just go for MediaTemple Host. They rock to the core. You will never regret hosting with them. vBulletin is smoother and faster than ever on their servers!

Leave a comment:

• alemcherry
    replied
    Originally posted by 92GreenGT View Post
    You guys have any idea why our small forum uses 100gb of bandwidth a month? Isn't that a little excessive for its size?
    Your forum is not as small as you think. Traffic again, can not be directly related to the databazse/file size.

From the info I have, I think you need a better configuration VPS than what you have at the moment. Obviously it is not a problem with the host, try to get more RAM.

Leave a comment:

• 92GreenGT
    replied
    You guys have any idea why our small forum uses 100gb of bandwidth a month? Isn't that a little excessive for its size?

Leave a comment:

• WoodyG
    replied
    Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
    Have a chat to Tim at GlobalGold:
    http://www.globalgold.co.uk

Send him an email via the site, he is experienced at providing hosting that is specifically tailored to vBulletin sites and will get you a fair price for something that will support your needs.

You may find a VPS (Virtual Private Server) will do and you don't actually need dedicated.
    You're right, a VPS would be the next step. I guess I was a bit of a big spender when it came to someone else's cash.

Leave a comment:

• 92GreenGT
    replied
    Thanks, sent them an e-mail. Hopefully they'll get back to me with an answer so so we can get swapping over.

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    Thank you! We have a VPS now, it handles everything fine. It just seems like it gets slow now, it never done this before and I don't think it's the size of the site that's causing it because the database is smaller now than it was when we moved to this VPS(pruned post, attachments, etc). I'll send him an e-mail and see what he says, does it matter that I'm in the USA and that site is in the UK?
    You may still benefit from a bigger, more powerful VPS.

Tim does business worldwide so will have no problem with you being in the States.

Leave a comment:

• 92GreenGT
    replied
    Originally posted by Mark.B View Post

Send him an email via the site, he is experienced at providing hosting that is specifically tailored to vBulletin sites and will get you a fair price for something that will support your needs.

You may find a VPS (Virtual Private Server) will do and you don't actually need dedicated.
    Thank you! We have a VPS now, it handles everything fine. It just seems like it gets slow now, it never done this before and I don't think it's the size of the site that's causing it because the database is smaller now than it was when we moved to this VPS(pruned post, attachments, etc). I'll send him an e-mail and see what he says, does it matter that I'm in the USA and that site is in the UK?

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    Shew, we can't afford a dedicated server. Is there any options on things to do that don't require a dedicated server?

Leave a comment:

• 92GreenGT
    replied
    Shew, we can't afford a dedicated server. Is there any options on things to do that don't require a dedicated server?

Leave a comment:

• WoodyG
    replied
    If you're not already on a dedicated server it looks like it is time to get one.

Leave a comment:

• 92GreenGT
    replied
    Just took a backup and it was 559mb, maybe that will give you an idea on what size forum I'm using. It does get a good amount of traffic for it's size, but it's pretty small: Threads: 21,794, Posts: 453,956, Members: 3,038. Maybe that will help!

Leave a comment:

• 92GreenGT
    started a topic In Search Of New Host

In Search Of New Host

Our site has become slow, it gets slow about the sametime everyday(during peak hours) and we basically are only getting a few hours of use out of it daily. This is crazy to pay for something that we can't really get use out of, so we are looking to move to a new host. We are currently using "Gate.com" for the host and they charged me $15 last time I asked a question about logging in with "root" as a username, they didn't even give me an answer on what the question was. So I think it's time to pack up and go somewhere else so to speak. Our forum isn't very large, the site is down right now...of course...but when it comes back up later tonight I'm going to take a backup and then try to find a new host. What sort of information do I need to post here for everyone to recommend me a host? Thanks!
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X