Right, any good ideas for a host?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right, any good ideas for a host?

Because I'm having way too much fatal error stuff on my current host (VPS account), and it's incredibly annoying. In case you're wondering about statistics, forum has around 230 000 posts, 2500 members, about 300-500 posts a day and I honestly have no idea how many unique visitors the site as a whole gets (I think the hits per month is really high, like something in the millions with a few hundred/thousand ish people a day or so).

Any suggestions on a good host, that's not too expensive, and is not a dedicated server?
    DS Ultimate- A Nintendo DS Forum

My Blog (Nintendo, vBulletin and other articles)

My Profile and Modifications at vBulletin.org

If you REALLY have 230k posts, 2500 members, and 3-500 posts a day, I hate to say it but you will need a dedicated server. That's just waaaay too much for a shared. Even a VPS is going to throw a fit with that kind of load on it.
    Last edited by hosting-talk; Fri 15 May '09, 8:49am. Reason: removed sig

Comment

Keeping your stats in mind, start with a low-end dedicated server since you have a low budget. Remember to get a "managed" server if you are unable to perform server administration tasks.
      GigaPros.com -- vBulletin Optimized Hosting with LiteSpeed!
      ZERO Overselling Enforced WebHosting. SEE HOW…
      FREE Site Transfer |24x7 True Support (Phone, Chat, Tickets)
      We host high traffic vB. See this example with 1.5 Millon posts!

Comment

You'd be better off, honestly, going with server management companies than a "managed server", because server management by datacenters is going to be weak at best, not properly or fully managed as it should be.

However, yeah, if you don't know management, then by all means, find someone to do it for you.

Comment

Originally posted by cheat-master30 View Post
          Because I'm having way too much fatal error stuff on my current host (VPS account), and it's incredibly annoying. In case you're wondering about statistics, forum has around 230 000 posts, 2500 members, about 300-500 posts a day and I honestly have no idea how many unique visitors the site as a whole gets (I think the hits per month is really high, like something in the millions with a few hundred/thousand ish people a day or so).

Any suggestions on a good host, that's not too expensive, and is not a dedicated server?
          Could you let me know the specs of your current VPS i.e space , bandwidth and guaranteed RAM on your VPS?
          Website Hosting | VPS Hosting | Dedicated Hosting
          Email & MSN: [email protected]

Comment

It's time for you to switch to a dedicated server or else the vps would burst Select a hosting provider, who will help you to transfer all your data from your current VPS to the dedicated server. Don't pay extra for the data transfer.

Comment

For anyone who asked for the space and bandwidth available:

• 20GB Disk Space
              • 1000 GB Bandwidth

I think the memory is 500 and something. Current space usage is around 5GB, bandwidth around 50GB or so a month.
              DS Ultimate- A Nintendo DS Forum

My Blog (Nintendo, vBulletin and other articles)

My Profile and Modifications at vBulletin.org

Comment

512 meg is nowhere near enough memory for the traffic and posts you're reporting. Again, you need a dedicated server for this.

Comment

I really like this web host http://www.hosting24.com/ because they give you

• Unlimited Web Space
                  • Unlimited Data Transfer
                  • Free Domain Forever
                  • cPanel contol panel, Fantastico
                  • PHP, MySQL, Ruby, Perl, CGI..

Highly recommend it!

Pretty cheap also! $4.95 a month!

Comment

I have a US VPS with http://www.burstnetworks.com.au and it runs great and i've had no problems with it. At the moment its being used as a shoutcast server.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X