I've been having major problems with Liquid Web

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been having major problems with Liquid Web

I've been with their hosting service since September of last year. Everything worked great until about a month ago. Then, I started having a blank screen every other time someone clicked on a link in my forum. This went on for a couple of weeks.

Finally upon suggestions made in the vBulletin forum, I had my software upgraded to 3.8.2. I hired URLJet to do the upgrade.

However, I still continued getting the blank screens randomly. So I finally asked them to move me to a different server. They moved me there Sunday night. Then, I no longer got the random blank screens.

Then the next day, my members started getting messages "Server too busy" even though I had less than a half dozen members in the forum.

I contacted Liquid Web, and they told me that another customer was causing a problem, and they were getting that straightened out.

However, today the problem has continued soI sent in a repair ticket. And this was the reply:

Hi John,

Something is causing tables in your database to crash, and your VB install is
    attempting to automatically repair the tables. In doing so, it brings the
    entire server to its knees, sadly.

We see numerous problems with VB, unfortunately; in its place, we recommend
    PHPBB. It's not a flawless piece of software, but it causes far less
    problems than VB.

Please let me know if I can answer any further questions.

Thank you,
    Erin D.
    So I called her, and asked her to explain the problem so I could come here and ask about it.

She advised me that I should switch to phpBB or other forum software because vBulletin was "flaky" and caused them problems. She told me that they weren't set up for vBulletin.

So I'm going to talk to URLJet for hosting service. Anyone use them? What is your opinion of their service?

Thanks,

John
    My forum: http://dirtydozensbunker.com

Are you running lots of addons?
    Oppressed.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnDanley View Post
      She advised me that I should switch to phpBB or other forum software because vBulletin was "flaky" and caused them problems. She told me that they weren't set up for vBulletin.
      If a hosting provider tells you that, it's time for you to switch!
      From our own experience, vB is very stable piece of software.
      GigaPros.com -- vBulletin Optimized Hosting with LiteSpeed!
      ZERO Overselling Enforced WebHosting. SEE HOW…
      FREE Site Transfer |24x7 True Support (Phone, Chat, Tickets)
      We host high traffic vB. See this example with 1.5 Millon posts!

Comment

Originally posted by gigapros View Post
        Yeah, I switched late last night. I switch to URLJet.com.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnDanley View Post
          Yeah, I switched late last night. I switch to URLJet.com.
          Good for you. You would be much happier there...trust me.
          GigaPros.com -- vBulletin Optimized Hosting with LiteSpeed!
          ZERO Overselling Enforced WebHosting. SEE HOW…
          FREE Site Transfer |24x7 True Support (Phone, Chat, Tickets)
          We host high traffic vB. See this example with 1.5 Millon posts!

Comment

Originally posted by gigapros View Post
            That's funny that Gigapros would complain about Liquid Web when they are actually being hosted by that company themselves!!!! Care to explain gigapros????

Comment

For information. I moved to URLJet and have been very happy with it so far.

The vBulletin software works fine there.

Comment

lol, I once had a host tell me to ditch phpbb for vB. At the time, whatever version of phpbb I was running 'was a security risk' to the old shared server I started on.
                Oh, those were the days.

Comment

I just recently moved to URLJet.com, not one hitch (well, except for R1 Backups being fixed on my server), never had any issues at all. If anyone ever tells you that vBulletin is badly coded, then it's bull****. They are probably not designated for vBulletin, whereas URLJet.com definitely is!
                  That's it. If you REALLY can't say ANYTHING nice to me at all on this forum, then I am going to go insanely mad at you. I've had enough of the UNTOLD ABUSE you are all giving me and you should really be CONSIDERATE of other people.

Comment

Yeah, URLJet are one of the best for vBulletin owners. I was with Liquid Web for over a year on a VPS, then one day lost access to my VPS control panel. When I asked what had happened they informed me it was because another client on the same server required no VPS control panel access, which affected everyone else. They would not move me, so that was my call to change hosts... I have been with URLjet ever since, never have issues, and my forum runs much quicker - they know vBulletin and know the requirements, unlike others.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X